- Monday – It was a holiday and I signed up at the last minute for a 5K race. Not my best nor my worst. Scored 1st in my age group and met up with a lot of runners that I knew. But missed a day on the lake. Can’t have it all.
- Tuesday – I took a trip to NYC because my friend Anna (from Russia) was going to be there (on her way back from a Maine wedding). Unfortunately the early trains were sold out so I took the bus and arrived around 1:30 pm. We walked to Pier 81 and had lunch on the North River Lobster Boat. Then we walked on the High Line and ended the day with drinks and crepes on the rooftop of the Standard Hotel. The weather was windy, cloudy and drizzly but still a wonderful day.
Since I saw her 3 years ago, she has taken up running. So proud!!
- Wednesday -First day on the new job. Took a walk to Starbucks at lunch. (Yes I work near Starbucks again!!) Both Alyssa and Barbara had to cancel so I had to go it alone after work at UAlbany. It seemed that summer’s humidity had returned. Ugh!!
- Thursday – Today was even hotter and more humid than yesterday. Another solo run on the rail trail.
- Friday – a real rest day. I was supposed to meet a friend at the gym and I didn’t even do that. Mah jongg with my friends in the evening was fun.
- Saturday – 5K race and then some miles afterward. The race was good. Actually one of my fastest this year and won 2nd in my age group. The run afterward was a struggle. I had to bribe myself with food.
- Sunday – Spent a perfect day on the lake. It was sunny, not too warm with a breeze. None of our friends were around so we docked on an island, had champagne (the bottle that I won at my race the day before) with our lunch, I read a book and then went for a hike.
21 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
- Monday – 4 mile run, gym, dinner out
- Tuesday – rest, mall walk with BFF
- Wednesday – 3 mile run with a friend+ volunteering with STEM group
- Thursday – 4 mile run with a friend
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest, boating
- Sunday – Saratoga Palio Half Marathon!!
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races?