Yes, I returned from Florida to cold temps and snow just like the weather was before I left. And I headed to NYC for work. Some things never change.
Last week –
- Monday – Today was my last day in Florida and I decided to make the most of it. I drove to the Hutchinson Island Bridge and ran over it and then to the beach and back over the bridge. Then I met an old friend for brunch and a long chat before I had to head to the airport. After a long delay in Philly, I arrived home…to winter.
- Tuesday – With more snow predicted, I decided that I best squeeze in another run. And I did.
- Wednesday – The storm was mild where I lived but not where I was headed. I took the train to NYC for work. I had hoped to run but…not in a blizzard. Instead I grabbed cheap tix to a Broadway show.
- Thursday – A long work day but I was determined despite the snow to run. So I hopped a subway to Central Park and ran my usual loop and then added a loop around the Jackie Onassis Reservoir.
- Friday – Another work day with no time to run since I had to catch a train home.
- Saturday – I had planned to join my Freihofer’s training group for their first Sat. run and then go the the March but changed my mind. I decided to stay home (haven’t been there in quite awhile lol) to spend the day with the hubby, unpack, do laundry, etc. before heading out for dinner with my tennis buds.
- Sunday – Race Day. Shamrock Shuffle, a 5 mile race. I was happy that the race began at 11 am since I had to drive an hour. And as usual I enjoyed racing and meeting up with friends. Winning my age group and having a course PR was just icing on the cake.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – drive to Liverpool, NY for work, 4 miles
- Tuesday – rest day, drive home
- Wednesday – train to NYC, 4 miles
- Thursday – 4 miles in NYC
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – Ice Breaker Challenge 5K race, 4-5 more miles, Passover seder with friends
- Sunday – rest day, Easter dinner with the fam.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How are you dealing with winter? Please share.