After a ugly weather week last week, this week started out promising.
The highlight of the week was that I had taken Wednesday off from work (to hike) and the weather was perfect. I used the day to continue my chase of the NYS Waterfalls.
Temps up to 60 degrees (and even 70, I think) and no rain all week. (Not great for the flowers but good for the runner/walker/hiker.)
I even reach another milestone.
I think it may be time to take out the bike for a spin….
- Monday – I used to be so good about getting out before work and going for a walk. I have not done that in ages. I did go for my run at lunch time. It was warm but still windy. The sun was shining so I was very grateful.
overdressing seems to be my spring theme…I’ll get it right eventually. Lots of Easter eggs on the trail and my daffodils finally bloomed.
After work, I went for a walk in the park searching for signs of spring
not much to report… no sign of the infamous tulips
and then met my BFF for a long walk around our outdoor mall.
- Tuesday – Another nice sunny breezy day. So why not a run on my rest day? lol
I started out on the water line but it was muddy so I switched to the neighborhood.
this run was rushed since I stopped to talk with a neighbor (she usually runs 10m everyday at 5 am and I hadn’t seen her in awhile…unfortunately she has breast cancer and is going through chemo. She continues to run only 5m and is training for the Chicago marathon). So inspired yet grateful to be healthy!!
and after work, I took a long walk on the rail trail with two friends.
we have now added after walk munchies or dinner lol
- Wednesday – Re-arranged my rest day and went for a few hikes instead on my day off from work. I also had hired someone to deep clean my house (since I have been slacking in that dept and my regular cleaning lady moved away.)
As you probably know, I am waterfalls obsessed. And since I had the whole day to myself, I decided to take a long drive (1h30) to Owen D. Young. I heard that it was nice but I was not prepared for all the waterfalls in one place (plus caves and trails).
definitely worth the drive
Since I was already in the area, I Googled to see if there were any other waterfalls nearby. Yup, not too far away was Wintergreen Park and Trails.
My last stop was at Buttermilk Falls before heading home.
- Thursday – A busy work day only allowed me to squeeze in a neighborhood run during lunch. And it was skirt weather. Woo Hoo!
Again, after work, I went for a long walk with friends on the rail trail. We do vary the direction now that we meet there twice a week.
- Friday – A scheduled rest day. Since the weather was still amazingly nice, I did go for a few walks. I went to the local park at lunch.
not many leaves on the trees, but a children’s walk, some Easter eggs and mud.
and then it was so nice a day that I went for another hike. And of course, there was a waterfall.
Across from these trails was another one which led you to the Hudson River.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. Our taper before the half marathon next Saturday. This week, we all met at the Nisky Bike Path and ran or walked our individual paces and distances and then had brunch together.
I wore different shoes and different socks and a result of one or the other got painful blisters (also could have been the humidity). A painful 10 miles but the taper is done. And brunch was great.
- Sunday – Forecast called for showers so I headed out early hoping to squeeze in my hike and not get wet. I decided to go to Thacher Park where in the past I have run on some of the trails. Who knew how many waterfalls there were there…
it was warm and humid and it seemed that the rain would hold off for a while so I walked across the road and walked on another trail.
such pretty views
On my way to grocery shopping I stopped off to see if things has started to bloom….
just a start….
This Coming Week on the Run –
- Monday – walk, run
- Tuesday – run, walk with friends
- Wednesday – walk, run
- Thursday – rest day, bike, walk, race bib pick up, walk with friends
- Friday – rest day, bike, walk
- Saturday – Druthers Helderberg to Hudson Half Marathon!!
- Sunday – walk/hike
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Favorite Podcasts
- Friday – How Indoor Cycling Can Help Runners
I am linking up with Kim and Deborah for
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Doing any virtual races? Any in-person races planned? Any goals for April? Is it warming up where you live? Any April showers? Please share.