The week started off with a day off to celebrate Martin Luther King Day
and then in the the middle of the week, we celebrated a new US President being inaugurated.
Hope this means good things for all of us.
A four-day work week is always a good thing.
And I also got my first dose of the COVID vaccine. Another reason to celebrate.
Last Week –
- Monday – Woo Hoo, a day off from work. I started it with my longest and best Peleton ride.
In the afternoon, I was able to take a long hike on this rest day from running. I continued my quest for easy trails in the winter but ones with waterfalls. I have to say that I am still rather nervous about hiking where there is ice and snow. But there’s no way around it sometimes (unless I just stay home). So I wore my Yaks, used my poles and walked very slowly. And I didn’t fall!! Woot! Woot!
- Tuesday – Back to work and back to running. The temps dropped and it was still cloudy. Not happy about that but I did squeeze in a run before my appointment to get my first COVID vaccine.
The vaccine took no time at all. It was so well organized. I was in and out. I got the Pfizer vaccine so my second dose was scheduled for 21 days from today.
I felt fine so I went for a work with a friend that evening (The arm was just a little sore.)
- Wednesday – A rest day so on the bike before work. I got a late start so instead of a Peleton ride, I did work while on the bike. Then I took a short walk during a late lunch (after watching the Inauguration <3). And believe it or not, it was the first day that there was any sun in eons!!! Then all of a sudden, there was a snow squall and I looked like a snowman. Just as quickly as it started, it ended and it was sunny again.
and I met my BFF for a longer walk after work.
In the evening, we had a running group ZOOM. We have some snowbirds in the group and some not being able to do the weekend long runs. It was great seeing everyone all together.
- Thursday – A busy work day so I had to run after work at Ualbany and then meet my friends for a walk. Both were cold ones. Brrr!
But first, all the bloggers celebrated Liz’s birthday.
It snowed during the morning and I was worried about the paths at UAlbany being slippery. Happy to report that they were all clear and salted.
Afterward, I went to meet a friend for a walk. She told me I looked like Bernie.
- Friday – Rest Day #3 was scheduled. Appropriately since I woke up feeling like crap. Headache, achy, tired. Not sure if it was a delayed reaction from the COVID vaccine (my friend had a bad one on day 8) or from lack of sleep and stress at work. A normal person would just rest. Instead I did a Peleton ride (live) during my late lunch. (You know my philosophy – You rest when you die.)
I was not cured but mentally I felt better and physically no worse.
And then after work, I finally dragged myself outside for a walk with friends. Continuing on my goal to go for a walk outdoors everyday. Someday, there may even be sunshine. Believe it or not, my headache went away. I felt energized and like a new woman. The first step out the door is the hardest. Glad I didn’t just give into my lethargy/sickness.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. The coldest temps yet and it was sooo windy. All my friends decided to skip the run. Boy, was I tempted to as well and join the other bloggers for a indoor bike ride ZOOM. But I drove to The Crossings and got it done. It wasn’t easy. It wasn’t pretty.
After a soak in the hot tub and a hot shower, we headed up north for a Belated Anniversary dinner! We walked around our marina and then had a cozy dinner in a heated igloo.
- Sunday – Still cold but not as windy. Started my rest day with a 45 minute Peleton ride.
Then I set out for a longish hike hoping to explore a new place, a waterfall and not to fall on the ice!! Well there was NO ice and several beautiful waterfalls on this crisp sunny day. Loved this 3.5 mile out and back hike!! So many hidden gems in my area to explore. What took me so long to find them?
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run, walk
- Tuesday – rest day, bike, walk, hair appt
- Wednesday – run, walk
- Thursday – Day Off, run, hike, walk with friends
- Friday – rest day, bike, walk
- Saturday – LONG RUN, walk
- Sunday – rest day, bike, walk/hike
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Have the winter temps or snow hit? Have you signed up for any races? Virtual or In-Person? Please share.