Another racecation has come and gone. This one was to run the Maine Half Marathon in Portland, ME.. As in all my other racecations, the highlight of the weekend was not the race course or the medals or finish times. It was all about the friendships forged. So thanks to my nine “Sole Sisters” for the memories and laughs.
After Sunday’s race, it was great to relax. Of course there were still some easy runs and other activities….
And the week ended with volunteering at a big local race.
- Sunday – Maine Half Marathon.
I won’t lie, it wasn’t easy but the course was beautiful and everyone who ran finished.
It was a very long day. Our marathoner started at 6 am, the half marathoners and relay runner #1 started at 7:45. We also had some cheerleaders who endured a very windy and cold wait until everyone was done… around 1:30pm??
After some snacks and massages, we headed back to our house for showers and a big celebratory dinner out in Old Orchard Beach.
- Monday – Some of us got up bright and early to watch the sunrise on the beach (although our rooms had a great view so it wasn’t necessary to get out of bed.)
Then we embarked on a road trip back to Portland to view three lighthouses and have lunch.
When we got home, some of us decided to venture out to explore Old Orchard Beach…
We had brought so much food with us that we decided to stay in for dinner…
- Tuesday – Last day of vacation….
Of course, it started with viewing the sunrise…
While everyone was packing up, I snuck out for a run in town.
And then we left in separate cars. My car made a pit stop in Northampton, MA for lunch and to visit a knitting store.
- Wednesday – Back to reality and work…
I was not disappointed to see rain.
But after a quick trip to the office, it had stopped so I changed my clothes and went for an easy run.
- Thursday – One more after work run. This time back at the end of the rail trail.
- Friday – Rest Day!!
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. Not too long a run – only 8 miles on the Nisky bike path with friends.
- Sunday – Boating season has ended. So I signed up to volunteer at our local Marathon/Half Marathon race.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – HOLIDAY – DAY OFF – run, hike, wake (friend’s FIL)
- Tuesday – rest day, hair appt
- Wednesday – run, dinner out with tennis friends
- Thursday – run, trails
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Great Pumpkin Challenge 5k (+ more miles in the park)
- Sunday – hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Maine Half Marathon Race Report
- Friday – Why I hate Fall
I am linking up with Kim and Deborah for
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races run or planned? Has the weather been fall-like where you live? Please share.