My co-worker was still out sick so that meant that I had to go to NYC and work in Queens all week!!
- Sunday – Winter Series #3. Though there were 3 options: 5.5k, 10k or 25k, I choose the shortest one (since I had run 9 miles the day before).
It was windy with feels like 10 temps but still fun. I ran/walked with my running friend (until the last 1/2 mile or so) and we finished with a 2 minute PR over Winter Series #1 (same distance.)
After the race, I went to my office to get things ready for my week in NYC, then went grocery shopping, cooked and finally the hubby and I went out to dinner to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary (which was the next day.)
- Monday – #Nevermissamonday…. and the DAY OFF!
Although it was my 3rd day running in a row, I never know what the week will bring. So I decided to drive to the other end of the rail trail and go for a short run.
Then I had to pack before heading to Manhattan by train
I checked into my hotel and relaxed.
- Tuesday – First I had to check out of my hotel and then head by subway to Jamaica, Queens to work.
I was staying in a different hotel for the next three nights so after I returned to Manhattan, I had to retrieve my luggage and then check into my new hotel (The one I usually stay in).
By this point, I decided to call it a “rest day.” That makes me laugh since the day was anything but restful.
Coincidentally, my friend Cari also decided not to run so we met for dinner instead.
- Wednesday – Up at 6am and on the 7am subway to Jamaica.
Another long work day but as soon as I returned to Manhattan, I changed into running clothes and headed out for a “needed” run in Central Park.
I thought I might have to run solo but I was so lucky that Cari had postponed her run until after work. She ran from home and I ran to Cat Hill and then we completed the rest of our run together (which included a visit with Fred and the Onassis Reservoir.)
We both indulged in a cookie for dinner (bought in different Chip City locations. lol)
Talk about a small world… walking down the streets of Manhattan (sweaty from my run), I bumped into the President/Dean of the law school where I used to work.
- Thursday – Working all day and if it was not raining, I was planning another run in the evening.
Nope, it was POURING so Plan B was cheap tix to a Broadway show.
- Friday – Rest Day since I was working in Queens all day and then had to take an evening train back home
- Saturday – Long Run Day (10 miles).
It’s always a challenge in the winter to figure out where to run that is not icy. So I planned on 2 miles with Barbara on the Nisky bike path and then the rest of the miles with Sherry and Stan.
Icy in too many spots but Sherry & I added on some road detours and got it done. Then we joined the others for brunch.
- Sunday – TBD – laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning…. short hike?
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – 1/2 DAY OFF, run
- Tuesday – rest day
- Wednesday – run, dinner out with tennis gals
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run (11 miles)
- Sunday – rest day
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Winter Racing
- Friday – Runfessions
Happy Running! How is your year of running beginning? Do you have to travel for work? If so, how do you fit in your running? Ever run in NYC? Please share.
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.