Since I was away in Florida, this is a TWO week run down.
Two weeks ago –
- Monday – So today was week 7 of the Freihofer Challenge Training (FTC) group. All my Sole Sister friends skipped this run. I was proud that I dragged my tired body to it. In fact, I felt great which surprised me. The “advanced” group was running 5 one mile sprints… tempted but “no,” cautiously downgraded with my friend Deb to the Intermediate group and ran 4 easy miles. And it was one of my better training runs. Stan said it was because the day before we walked so much as recovery from the 15k on Saturday. Go figure!
- Tuesday – Rest (and rainy) day ’cause I had a much needed hair appt.
- Wednesday – Had planned on a FTC group run but didn’t want to wait so ran a quick few miles right after work and then went home to pack.
- Thursday – Off to Florida on a very early morning flight. After we arrived, picked up a rental car, lunched, we chilled at the pool at our rented villas (the same ones since 2006). Of course we went to our first of many dinners out in Naples.
- Friday – Started the day with a run,
followed by tennis, the beach and dinner out. Slowly acclimated to the heat and humidity.
- Saturday – A lot more tennis and beach. Went for a early walk instead of a run.
After dinner, we all went to a show in town (Lost in Yonkers). A fun time, of course.
- Sunday – After a late night, I had an early morning race (what was I thinking?) For the 3rd year in a row, I ran the Tropicool 5k (it was anything but cool). Too hot to be speedy but won my age group anyway. Then I rushed back to play tennis, followed by the beach and dinner out. See the pattern?
Last Week –
- Monday – A similar day as the rest. A run,
tennis, the beach and dinner out. Tonight we ate at the Ritz so we could watch the sunset on the Gulf.
- Tuesday – More of the same. A run,
But we stayed in for book club night and birthday party. Lots of laughs and food.
- Wednesday – Road trip day. Just a walk
and ride north to Osprey to visit Historic Spanish Point,
lunch out, and then a visit to Selby Gardens in Sarasota.
For my pre-birthday dinner, I requested pizza and ice cream on Fifth Avenue in Naples. (sorry no pix)
- Thursday – My Birthday. So I ran with tennis sandwiched in the middle.
Then we packed and hung at the pool. One last delicious meal out before we headed to the airport. The weather had been perfect for the week. Not a drop of rain. That is until we got to the airport. A long thunderstorm caused our plane’s departure to be delayed and so we missed our connection and got stuck in Charlotte sans luggage.
- Friday – I was supposed to be back at work. Instead had to fly home and skipped work and Mah Jongg. But I did manage to get in a walk in the park.
- Saturday – Exhausted from my trip but had committed to run the Summer Smith Addiction Awareness Memorial 5k. Felt like crap when I got up (headache & nauseous) but felt better when I arrived and chatted with all my runner friends and STEM participants. Again the pre-race festivities moved me to tears.
I rushed home because I had planned to go the the Tulip Fest with Amanda (my mentee and her sons Richard & Matthew – which is an annual tradition for us.
- Sunday – I had wanted to do a long run today…I have a half marathon in ONE week and my long runs have been 8m, 9m, 3m, 3m since the last one. Barbara agreed to run with me but bad weather prevailed. She went to the Y and I skipped the run entirely.