With only 6 run/walk miles last week, I started out the week playing it safe for fear that my leg would bother me. But with my next half marathon date looming, I didn’t want to play it too safe.
Last week –
- Monday – It was cold and windy as usual but the sun was out and I had the DAY OFF from work. You know I wanted to run. But I forced myself to stay home and cook and clean. Finally I couldn’t stand it anyone and I went to the gym. I walked on the treadmill and then used the bike. Thank you Hamilton for keep me sane. The problem with being inexperienced with discomfort (many of you have had niggles and such), I didn’t know what to do so I rested.
- Tuesday – After no running for 4 days in a row, even though the polar vortex returned, I headed out for a short run. I knew I couldn’t run much because I had to get home to attend a webinar. My leg felt no worse but no better. So annoying.
- Wednesday – Though my leg may or may not be injured, I had already made an appointment for ART so I figured I’d give it a try. It couldn’t hurt or could it? Well it hurt …a lot…but the chiro said she can fix me. She worked mostly on my calf but my ankle, hips and lower back needed adjustment as well. No running for 3 days!!!!
- Thursday – An ordered rest day and dinner with a former co-worker after some gym time (bike & walking on the tm).
- Friday – Rest day, ART appt. #2, and evening with the mah jongg ladies. Due to all the bruising (which is normal), my chiro was a little gentler than last time and used her hands and the ultrasound device instead the metal instrument. She said the calf muscles (and ankle) seemed looser (a good sign) but my fascia tighter… Again, she realigned the hips.
- Saturday – Long run Saturday with my Sole Sisters. The question was how many miles. 11 miles on the schedule but haven’t really run the last 2 weeks and my chiro said only 4 or 5 easy. So 5 miles was. There was no real pain (but there never was) and it wasn’t worse. As usual it was great catching up with my running peeps during the run and after at brunch. 3 weeks until my half. Gulp.
- Sunday – A rainy day. A good day for housework, catching up on things and may be even a trip to the gym…
This Coming Week –
As you can see, my running plans are up in the air….I want to be trained for NYC but I also do not want to worsen my leg pain.
- Monday – ?? miles, 3rd ART appt.
- Tuesday – ?? miles
- Wednesday – 4th ART appt, On-Running Clouds Swift launch Run at FF, ??? miles
- Thursday – rest day, Cat Yoga
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run – ?? miles, 2 weeks until NYC Half Marathon
- Sunday – rest day
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Anyone nursing a sore something? Please share.