No rest for the weary since a week after my half marathon, I had signed up for a 5k.
And I am training for another half on Oct. 2.
There were also a group hike and long walk. And TWO vaccines!!!!!
At least it was only a 4-day work week.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday.
The forecast was iffy but we got home before the rain.
And then I went and got my Flu shot.
- Monday – DAY OFF – #nevermissamonday Unfortunately the forecast was for a washout and they were right!
I was lucky to get a dry run in early
I had to cancel my planned hike and instead spent time at Traders Joe’s and the mall.
- Tuesday – The rain continued in the morning so I postponed my run until lunch. And it was STILL raining. Boo!
My running friend texted me after work that she was going for a run on the rail trail so I decided to meet up with her for part of her run. Rain won’t kill me, right?
- Wednesday – A dreary morning so I decided to skip the run and wait until lunchtime.
I drove to run in town..
And then after work, I was free to meet friends for a walk.
- Thursday – Finally a rest day and a busy work day…
As I mentioned last week, ARE-sponsored trail runs ended so our group decided to continue them on our own. This week, we choose the location based on the cookie/ice cream truck being nearby.
- Friday – Another rest day!! An evening for mah jongg and viewing a full moon.
- Saturday – Race Day! Malta 5K.
This was my 7th time running this 5k. And I focused on enjoying rather than finish time.
Afterward, I headed to Zim Smith bike path to run a few more miles and meet friends for brunch.
I couldn’t stay long because I had a tennis party to attend (celebrating a friend dealing with serious cancer diagnosis)
And I got my 3rd COVID booster!! I’m so relieved to be protected (even if there are side effects).
- Sunday – Boating Sunday.
The lake would be my preference but the hubby has a tennis match and the weather looks less than ideal… so it may be a running/hiking day.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run
- Tuesday –rest day
- Wednesday – run, walk
- Thursday – run, trails
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run – 12 miles
- Sunday – Boating Sunday
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Run 4 the River Half Marathon Race Recap
- Friday – What I’m Loving Lately
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races run or planned? Has the weather been fall-like where you live? Have you gotten your flu shot yet? How about your 3rd booster? Eaten pumpkin foods yet? Please share.