It’s that time again. Time to get things off my chest with Marcia’s Runfessions at Marcia’s Healthy Slice…
And the last one for this year!!
1. Obviously the half marathon is my favorite distance. Hey, I’ve run 53. I toyed again with the goal of one half marathon each month. But it’s too difficult to find races in the summer months. I runfess… I could run virtual ones but I’m so over them!!
2. I had previously mentioned that I had a choice between two NYC half marathons in January – Frozen Penguin (Jan 9) or Fred LeBow (Jan 23). Both races have the basically the same Central Park course. Although it was more expensive, the date worked better and so I chose Frozen Penguin. I runfess… I chose the wrong one!!
3. There was no deferral or refund for the Frozen Penguin but you were given the choice of running the 5k or another one of their half marathons – Queens Half in April or Central Park Half in February. I runfess… I half heartedly chose Central Park because I didn’t want to waste the $80 that I paid. But it’s only 2 weeks after the half marathon that I am running in Florida. Sigh!
4. So with no half marathons scheduled for December and January, I’m losing my weekend long run mojo. I runfess… I even considered signing up for the Fred LeBow Half Marathon. I didn’t sign up (but I did book an hotel just in case).
** Update – I signed up for Fred LeBow!!!!!
5. When the NYC Half Marathon was cancelled in 2020, I had the choice of deferring or getting a refund. If you deferred, you would still have to pay to run it in 2021. I chose a refund and ran it virtually. $290 to run a half marathon!? Again it was cancelled but now the race will happen in March of 2022. It seemed that everyone chose the deferral option. I runfess… I got FOMO and did enter the lottery.
** Update – I was not selected in the 2022 Lottery!!!!
I runfess… that instead I signed up for half marathons in April (Helderberg to Hudson) and May (Steel Rail). And together ($45+$75), I spent less than for NYC ($130) with no hotel or travel expenses since both races are local.
Happy Running! Anything to runfess this month? Any similar or crazy half marathon runfessions? Please share.
So Join in!
And don’t forget to link back to your hostesses and visit some other blogs!!