Well, it’s that time of year. Time to pick ONE WORD to focus on for the entire year. (If you’ve never heard about the My One Word approach, here is a summary:
Lose the long the list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick one word. This process forces clarity by taking all of your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single thing. Your one word focuses on your character and creates a vision for your future.)
Below is a list of the words, I’ve chosen so far:
- 2014: ACCEPTANCE
- 2015: BELIEVE
- 2016: GRATITUDE
- 2017: RELAX
- 2018: ADAPT
- 2019: RE-FOCUS
- 2020: PATIENCE
- 2021: RESILIENCE
- 2022: INTENTIONAL
So how intentional was I in 2022?
At least with my running, I think I was…
- I scheduled my runs both on my blog and on my phone calendar.
- For accountability, I tried if possible to enlist the help of a friend especially for long runs
- I often joined established group runs.
- I set goals for my long race training runs (by working backwards from race day (13, 8, 12, 11, 10, etc.)
- I rewarded myself for finishing a difficult run (new shoes or FOOD).
- I laid out my running clothes the night before (or packed them & brought to work) so there would be no excuse NOT to run.
- I signed up for races and ran them (no matter the weather.)
- I blogged several times a week (I have to run in order to write about it.)
What about 2023?
- to make feel or seem young again; bring back to youthful strength, appearance, etc.
- to make seem new or fresh again
Of course, it may be related to entering a new age group this year…
Although I don’t feel OLD, I want to make sure I don’t act “old” and I think we can always use a refresher.
How does that translate into running?
Not sure exactly…
New races? New goals? Run trails? Join a gym? Ride a bike?
Happy Running! Do you choose a Word each year? If so, what have you chosen one for 2023? Please share.