Recovery in the sense of recovering from the sudden loss of my favorite cat (Still feel like crying All.The.Time).
Last week –
- Monday – I drove to Rochester today for work . It was a miserable, cold, windy rainy day (The weather here will not let up !!) My only resort was the hotel treadmill and it was not fun. (I wish that I were as tough as the runners in Boston! Yay Desi!!)
- Tuesday – Yes, woke up to snow! Worked all day hoping for a light at the end if the tunnel and not have to run in the treadmill again. It was snowing lightly but not sticking so I headed to the trail along the Erie Canal.
- Wednesday – Another rainy dreary day. I had to drive home after work but I thought I might stop and squeeze in a quick run followed by Abbott’s Custard like I did last fall:
Well, the bridge to run over to get to the trail along the canal was under construction. I drove around a bit but then parked and tried to find access to the trail but I was on the wrong side. I couldn’t even find Abbott’s Custard. It was COLD so I gave up. I ran maybe a mile and then headed home.
- Thursday – The same lousy weather continued and maybe this affected my running mojo but I decided to skip my run and instead I went out to dinner with my tennis friends. We try to get together monthly with whomever is available.
- Friday – Still did not feel like running and rested for third day in a row. I did play mah jongg in the evening.
- Saturday – Race Day. Bacon Hill Bonanza 5K. I wasn’t sure how it would go since I had a lackluster running week. But racing always helps me get back on track. I woke up, however, with a headache and upset stomach. Thought about a DNS (for about a second LOL) and then drove an hour to the race. My FRW coach was there and asked me if I was going for a PR. I laughed and said “No but it’s all about the pie.” If you win your age group, you get a pie and I have a pie streak going. It was chilly and pretty windy but believe it or not, I RAN A PR! Good thing because if I didn’t, I would not have gotten my pie.
Afterward the race, I still had 7 more miles on my schedule. But I left and drove to the Zim Smith Trail where I thought that I would be more sheltered from the wind.
- Sunday – My friends were racing but after 10 miles the previous day, even I decided that it wouldn’t be smart. Instead I went to the gym, then for a walk before I did join the racers for lunch.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 4 miles FTC, mall walk with BFF
- Tuesday – drive to Liverpool, 4 miles
- Wednesday – rest day, drive home
- Thursday – 4 miles
- Friday – 3 miles, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest day, bridemaid dress shopping trip
- Sunday – Cherry Blossom 5k + 8 miles
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Has spring arrived where you live? Please share.