Again the second week in a row that I did not travel for work. Because I took time off from Job #1 to work Job #2. Hey, I gotta pay for those race-cations!
Last week –
- Monday – After a rainy cold Sunday, the sun came out. It was very windy and felt colder than the actual temps. But glad to get a run in at one of my favorite stops – The Crossings.
- Tuesday – for Job #2 I worked at my old job’s locale. It was so nostalgic to get to run in nearby Washington Park. There was no wind today so more pleasant but I had to rush to beat the sunset.
- Wednesday – Back at Job #1 and almost 60 degrees motivated me to run for the 3rd day in a row. Got a late start and had to run a speedy 2 miles in the dark back to my car.
- Thursday – Back at Job #2. Finally a rest day and dinner out with a former colleague whom I had seen in awhile.
- Friday – Rest Day #2 in a row due to the lousy weather. Yes, we had a SNOWSTORM!!! Even my evening of mah jongg was cancelled 😦
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. I had 12 on the schedule and was hoping for some company for at least part of the run. Always a challenge to figure out where to run and if the road/path is clear from ice and snow. Barbara offered to run with me but that before we had all that snow on Friday. So I ended running up with some other friends at the Crossings for 3.5 miles. The roads were all clear but not the paths so after my friends left, I ran 4 miles in a nearby neighborhood but when I returned to the park, the paths had been cleared so I finished up there. Probably my slowest long run ever. But happy that I didn’t give up.
Afterward I had a hair and nails appt.
- Sunday – Rest Day Sunday – a weekly tradition especially with upcoming my 5 day work trip to NYC.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – train to NYC, 3 miles in NYC, tennis tournament at MSG
- Tuesday – 4 miles in NYC
- Wednesday – 3 miles in NYC, NYRR book signing event
- Thursday – 3 miles in NYC with SSA
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – 8-10 tapering miles
- Sunday – rest day
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How are you dealing with winter? have you had spring temps yet? Please share.