I have break from running half marathons. My next one is not until Nov 20 with a 15k the week before.
So why not run a 5k race two weekends in a row?
The first one was this past Saturday.
- Sunday – Our boat is away for the season so I took advantage of the free day to volunteer at our local half/marathon.
I had so much fun!!!
My assignment was to give out water at the finish line.
I got to see all the half marathoners finish.
I got to see the speedy marathoner including the winners (with course records.)
The best part was seeing a friend PR and BQ, I got to give him his medal and a big teary hug.
- Monday – A Holiday so a Day Off!
I started the day with a run at Vischer Ferry Preserve.
followed it with a walk on many of the trails. 9 miles for the day and the country store was closed so no post-run/hike snack 😦
Ended it with a wake (for my running friend’s FIL.)
- Tuesday – Rest Day since I was busy at work and I had a hair appt after work.
- Wednesday – Squeezed in a run at lunch
and then after work, I met my tennis friends for a dinner out.
- Thursday – I had planned to go to the office and then after work drive to Six Mile Waterworks and run the loop.
With thunderstorms predicted, I decided to squeeze in my run at lunch and then go to the office.
I did make the right decision as it started to rain when I got out of work.
- Friday – Rest Day #2. Evening mah jongg and getting my #flatme organized.
- Saturday – Great Pumpkin Challenge 5k
I’ve run the 10k several times but this was the first time for the 5k which was held in Saratoga State Park. We had perfect weather and it was so much fun hanging out with friends.
It was too nice a day to go home so I wandered around the park… some running… some walking… some driving
- Sunday – Early morning train to NYC to meet my college buddies for lunch.
We plan to spend the afternoon in the Morgan Library looking at the Belle and Little Prince exhibits.
I had booked a hotel room for an overnight stay so I will be free to explore the city.
And of course, I plan to meet up with Cari. Stay tuned (and check IG for pix.)
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF – run in NYC, train home
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – drive to Rochester (for work), run?
- Thursday – run?, drive home
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Summer Smith Memorial 5k (+ more miles)
- Sunday – hiking?
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Great Pumpkin Challenge 5k Race Recap
- Friday – Girls Weekend Race-cations
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races run or planned? Has the weather been fall-like where you live? Please share.