- Monday– Taper week has begun. Ran 3 miles at UAlbany and then met my BFF at Starbucks (instead of our usual mall walk).
- Tuesday – Played 1 1/2 hours of tennis after work followed by dinner out.
- Wednesday – Planned to run before work but it was raining so ran 3 miles after work instead…on the treadmill. UGH!!
- Thursday – Did my last run before my race – 3 miler after work through the lights in the park.
- Friday – Got up at the crack of dawn for a 5:30 am flight. No travel delays and arrived in West Palm at 11:30 am. My friend F picked me up at the airport and we went straight to the expo to pick up my bib.
- Rain was predicted for the whole weekend and had rained before I arrived, we drove straight to the beach and then we went out to lunch. I spent the evening reminiscing with beer & pizza with my good friend M.
- Saturday – Got in a walk before the rain. Since it was raining, we went to a flea market and then out to lunch. When the rain stopped, we visited 2 wildlife sanctuaries. Then my friend F drove me to West Palm to my hotel.
- Sunday – A miracle! None of the predicted rain arrived. Instead, gusty winds, heat & humidity. Nothing hurt yet it was still one of my slowest half marathons ever. But I finished upright and happy inspite of having a difficult race.
- Met my friend G after the race and we drove to her place in Jupiter. Then we decided (my idea) to visit a lighthouse and climb to the top. Afterwards we had lunch and then returned to her house in Jupiter. Spent the evening hanging out with one of her friends.
- Monday – Got up early and went to a short run/walk around the neighborhood. Then G & I walked along the beach (windy, cloudy but no rain), visited a turtle refuge and a thrift shop. After a late lunch, G drove me to the airport in West Palm.
23 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days.
This Week: (8 weeks until Half Marathon #18)
- Tuesday – tennis
- Wednesday – 2 miles after work, yoga
- Thursday – 4 miles after work
- Friday – rest, mah jongg
- Saturday – 5k race + 4-5 miles
- Sunday – trip to NYC
I am linking up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin. See rules here.
And I am linking up with Erika @ MCM Mama Runs hosts Tuesdays on the Run with Marcia @ Marcia’s Healthy Slice and Patty @ My no-guilt life for:
This week’s topic is: Expos.
As you read, I went to one over the weekend. (I didn’t buy anything. I was going to buy myself a hat after the race if I ran well, but I didn’t. 😦 )
And most importantly, the winner is…
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races ?
It was fun running into you on the race course! I was kind of meh on the course — or maybe I was grumpy because I wasn’t feeling well. I was glad for no rain!
nice to see you too. wish we could have talked more. good luck next week.
I am glad it did not rain on you during the race! It sounds like you did lots of other fun things under the cloudy skies. I always love going to see animals 🙂
You finished upright and nothing hurt – that is great!! I am hoping I can get back to some regualr running soon, I am tired of missing days!
happy for the weather and that I didn’t die but disappointed in my time. Oh well, there’ll other races and I should probably adjust my expectations. Sometimes I walk a lot of the race so I am slow…
so many half marathons for you! get it!
Heat & humidity are just going to slow you down, there’s really no way around it. Especially when you’re not acclimated to it.
At least you didn’t have to swim through it. 🙂
I was happy at first but when the sun came out, I was wishing for some rain.
Well, I did tell you it might feel nice . . . unfortunately I’ve had races like that, too. There’s a happy medium somewhere . . .
Wait, did I miss a race recap? Any case, sorry to hear it didn’t go as good for you as your other races.
no, it’s coming.
Heat and humidity are not my thing. I prefer running in the cold. I always feel overheated.
glad to hear it’s not only me
I seriously love all your adventures when getting to and from a race! You are like me no down time and want to see and do everything you can while on a trip! We would do well together in that aspect! Even though it wasn’t your best time you finished upright that’s always a plus right, and you climbed a lighthouse afterwards! 😉 Your not late at all just in time to catch the link up party, so glad you joined in. Made it a PR on linkers for us! THANK YOU!!!
It sounds like a great trip spent with good friends. What a pretty lighthouse! I bet the view from the top was wonderful! Even in December and January, the weather at FL races can be very unpredictable. You finished, and that is always a win! We can no longer dig holes on “our” beach because of the turtles (something my kids have always loved to do). They say the turtles get trapped. I appreciate you linking up with us as always, Darlene. Enjoy your week.
yes, I enjoyed visiting my friends. You would have done well. You are more used to that weather.
I just love all your pictures!! What a great week even if the race didn’t go as well as you wanted!
Yes, I still had a nice time.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sounds like a fun trip, even tho the race didn’t go as well as you hoped. I always struggle in Florida. The humidity is a pace killer!
sure is. still disappointing.
Congrats on your race. I have to admit, I do not think I can do a race in Florida. Humidity and i just do not mix. Thanks for posting
yes, it was tough.
Ah! Sounds like you’re enjoying FL. One more week and I’ll be there!
Have fun. I hope you see some sunshine.
Congrats on your half marathon! Glad the weather held off nicely for you!
I got lucky with the weather. It could have been a lot worse.