No rest for the weary.
One week until the big half marathon in Florida!!
That meant getting my runs done no matter what the weather is.
- Sunday – In spite of the frigid weather and icy/snowy roads, I managed to get my long run done.
- Monday – #mevermissamonday. No time to get it done until after work. Besides I woke up to another sub-zero temps day. Grateful that it now stays light until 5 pm.
And January is now over – 96 miles and I completed the Ragnar Challenge (31 days of logging activities with my blogger friends).
- Tuesday – Today I was able to squeeze my run in during lunch. Again I was in the office for a bit so I stopped off at UAlbany. 30 degrees and sunshine were heavenly.
Then I could go for an outdoor walk with friends right after work.
Today also started a one month challenge sponsored by our Fleet Feet store – My goal is 15 miles/week. At the end of the month, if I reach 60 miles, I’ll get a $15 gift card. Win. Win,
- Wednesday – I thought about a rest day after 3 days in a row of running. But the forecast was for rain on Thursday and snow on Friday. So I took my running shoes to the roads once again. The sun has left us and added some wind but the temps were in the 40s. No complaints here.
Lunch runs enable me to walk after work with friends. (Eventually this will end when I go back to the office. Sigh.)
- Thursday – A busy work day and a rainy/snowy one. I was right to have run the day before.
I couldn’t get out of work early enough to join my friends on their Ice Castles visit (I got tix instead for Sunday) but planned make the long drive to have dinner with them. Due to the inclement weather, the ice castles got cancelled. Instead I decided to join my hubby and his friend for dinner. Much to my surprise, we picked a restaurant where some of my friends were having a birthday dinner. Sorry hubby, “I see you everyday.”
- Friday – Rest day because of the miserable weather – rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain….even mah jongg was cancelled.. And because of a possible long run the next day.
- Saturday – Finally the weather allowed us to run on a Saturday!! It was very cold and windy but sunny. IOW, it could have and has been worse. Another 8 miles this weekend and so happy to do it with a friend. The hay is in the barn as they say.
Then I did quite a few errands to get ready to go on vacation next week, including getting my nails done.
- Sunday – Rest day but a lot of walking around in Lake George at the Ice Castles. So fun. Glad they built them (for the first time) here.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run before work. walk with BFF
- Tuesday – run after work, walk with friends
- Wednesday – run at lunch, hair appt after work, PACK!
- Thursday – rest day, 5:30 am flight to West Palm, pick up rental car, friend meet-up in Delray
- Friday -sunrise run, various activities with friends
- Saturday – rest day, another friend meet-up in Delray, garden visit in Vero Beach on the way to Palm Bay hotel, packet pick-up in Melbourne
- Sunday – PUBLIX FLORIDA HALF MARATHON, friend meet-up in Jensen Beach after, then drive to former roomie’s place in Boca Raton.
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Six Favorites from 2021
- Friday – Benefits of Coffee
Next Week on the Run–
- Monday – drive to Miami to see Monet exhibit among other things
- Tuesday – sunrise run with fellow blogger in Boca, return car, flight home
- Wednesday – run at lunch
- Thursday – run after work. walk with friends
- Friday -rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run (8 mi. taper)
- Sunday – rest day
Next Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Winter Bucket List
- Friday – What I’m Looking for in a Coach
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Did run a lot of miles in January? Any in-person races planned? How are you dealing with winter running so far? Have you ever visited ice Castles? Any warm weather destination vacations planned? Please share.