Post Race depression with a trip to Liverpool for work and another trip to NYC for a re-scheduled 5k.
- Monday – I was surprised that my legs were not tired but my back was real achy. Took a slow run after arriving in Liverpool.
- Tuesday – It rained all day but stopped by the time I was done with work. My lingering cold made me want to skip my run but again rain was predicted the next day too so I decided to seek out a new route. I entered Onondaga Lake State Park at a different entrance and ran from the opposite direction.
- Wednesday – I decided on a rest day because it was raining but then it stopped so I decided to finish yesterday’s run and then drive home…in the rain (it started to rain again once I finished my short run.)
- Thursday – Today was a rest day. Still hadn’t had time to unpack from trip to Montreal or my trip to Liverpool and then I had to re-pack for my short trip to NYC the following day…. Oy!
- Friday – Rest day again since I had to hop the bus after work to get to NYC. I headed right to my hotel (I still had my bib from when the race was cancelled.)
- Saturday – Race Day. Governors Island 5K –This time thunderstorms were not predicted and my hotel was close enough to walk to the ferry. It turned out to be a beautiful day to run and the race was so much fun. I got to spend a lot time in the island (in the sunshine) and even place FIRST in my age group.
After the race, I headed back to Manhattan, checked out of my hotel and met Cari to stroll around the Village. We spent a few hours together and it was so nice to have the company.
Still had a few hours to kill before my bus home so I took in a movie (Crazy Rich Asians 🙂 )
- Sunday – Still needed a long run for the weekend (another big race in 2 weeks!) so three of my running friends agreed to meet me.
Of course, It was also Boating Sunday. Sadly, since I am away the next two weekends, this was our LAST time on the lake. We went for a ride and then had lunch with friends.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – rest day (probably skipping my Training Group run)
- Tuesday – drive to Liverpool for work, 4 miles
- Wednesday – 2 miles (in Liverpool), drive home
- Thursday -rest day, hair appt
- Friday – 3 miles, PACK
- Saturday – 8 miles, drive to JFK and fly to Paris
- Sunday – rest day, arrive in Paris, recover from jet lag
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Please share.