Yes. Heat, humidity to start the week but then we got a break…
Running continued but with an added 5k thrown into the mix.
- Sunday – Boating Sunday.
An oppressively hot day. Luckily I had lake breezes and shade (and no rain.)
- Monday – It was #nevermissamonday but I stayed in bed instead of running. No regrets.
I had the day off (as I do every other Monday) and a running friend suggested a day at Emerald Lake in VT. So I grabbed my SUP and we had a wonderful time. A long drive but so worth it. (And again missed the rain.)
- Tuesday – Back to work and I did drag myself out of bed early to get my run done. But Holy Humidity!!!
It warmed up but I think the humidity decreased. Anyway, it felt that way during my post-work walk with a friend.
- Wednesday – Day 2 of the early morning runs. Whoa! About 10 degrees cooler than the previous morning! I’ll take it.
I met my friend again for a post-work walk (but we went in the opposite direction.)
- Thursday – Rest day because I had a trail run scheduled for the evening. As usual, I met my running friends and we walked, chatted and had a blast.
- Friday – Normally Friday is my rest day but since I had a race on Sunday, I would be taking Saturday off (which is ordinarily my long run day.)
I had more time so I drove for my early morning run.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday for everyone else but for me, it was just a walk and brunch.
- Sunday – Race Day! I ran the Run for the Roses 5k for the 2nd time. I met up with old friends and somewhat conquered the hills in Grafton Lake State Park.. (Recap on Tuesday…)
Sunday in the summer is for boating so I plan to join my hubby up at the lake for the rest of the day.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF! Long Run, hike
- Tuesday – rest day, walk
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run, ARE trail walk
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday (12 mi.)
- Sunday – Boating Sunday
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Run for the Roses 5k Race Recap
- Friday – Quotes by Joe Henderson
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Has the weather been warm where you live? Please share.