Another week, another race. LOL.
Last Sunday I ran a local 5 miler
and today I ran a local 5k.
- Sunday – Delmar Dash 5 mile Race. Unfortunately not a lot of runners ran the race but it was still fun and the weather was perfect. (You can read the recap here.)
I even won my age group (my competition did not show up lol)
After the race, I ran 5 more miles so I could count it as my 10 mile long run. That run was miserable but it’s done.
- Monday – #neveramonday. First the gym…
Then I joined the FTC group run after work…
- Tuesday – Rest Day. Busy work day and a rainy one so just a walk after work…
- Wednesday – Another gym morning.
After work, I again volunteered with the STEM runners. I arrived early to run a little… It was insanely WINDY!!! And cold!!
- Thursday – Back to the gym for day #3 but no running or walking today since I had a hair appointment after work.
Winter has made a return…
- Friday – Believe it or not, I took the morning off from work so I could do my 11 mile long run. I had planned to meet up with Stan but he had to leave early for NYC. (I am training for a half on 5/22 and he is training for one on 5/21). So I was left to run alone.
I chose a different route and started earlier.. I ran from the 11m point of my last half marathon uphill 5.5m and then back again. I was overdressed (due to the sunshine) and it didn’t feel downhill this time. Thanks to Ali’s podcast for keeping me sane.
But since I was able to finish my run earlier, I had time for a bucket list trip to Stockbridge, MA.
I wish I could have stayed longer but work was calling…
In the evening, as usual, I played mah jongg.
- Saturday – Instead of running, I met my running friends for a walk followed by brunch.
I spent the rest of the day gardening… weeding and trimming bushes were more tiring than my long run.
- Sunday – Race Day! Sasha’s Super Hero 5k – a new race for me and one that raises money for Ukraine.
The weather was perfect and over $30,000 was raised. It wasn’t an easy course but I did win my age group.
After the race, I plan to do some hiking or more gardening.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – gym, Freihofer Training Challenge Run (FTC)
- Tuesday – rest day, walk
- Wednesday – gym, STEM run
- Thursday – run, walk
- Friday – gym, rest day, mah jongg chez moi.
- Saturday – Prospect Mountain Road Race + 6 miles running down
- Sunday – Mother’s Day – Tulip Fest, dinner with fam, packing
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Sasha’s Super Hero 5k Race Recap
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Have you had any spring temps yet? Please share.