I fully recovered (?) from the hilly half marathon in NYC and then I headed off to warmer and sunnier Florida for a few days.
I had lots of ocean views, friend meet-ups and of course, I ran a half marathon.
I then returned to the frigid Northeast and continued training for another hilly NYC half marathon.
Two Weeks Ago:
- Sunday – I recovered from my Saturday Long Run with a visit to the Ice Castles in Lake George. They were amazing.
- Monday – #nevermissamonday. No time other than to run in the freezing temps before work. But that freed me up for walks after work. One with friends outdoors and the other with my bff in the mall.
- Tuesday – Another busy work day but I ran after work in town followed by some errands to get ready for my vacay.
- Wednesday – Last day home… I squeezed in a run during lunch in the neighborhood because I had a hair appt after work and I needed to PACK!!!
- Thursday – I took a 5:30 am flight to West Palm, Fla, rented a car and drove to my friend’s place in Delray Beach. After lunch and some relaxation at the pool, we did some bird watching at one of my favorite places.
followed by dinner with a view.
- Friday -I got up early and had planned to drive to the beach to catch the sunrise but decided instead to stay in my friend’s community for my last run before the race.
Afterward, we visited a turtle sanctuary, had lunch on the beach and soaked up some sun. Then a quick dinner in town before attending an exhibition tennis tournament.
- Saturday – Before leaving Delray, I met up with a friend for a bird-watching walk and brunch.
On the way to Palm Bay, I stopped to tour the McKee Gardens in Vero Beach (I had gotten tix ahead of time) followed by a stop at Abbott’s and then on to my hotel to check-in.
Next I headed to Melbourne for race packet pick-up but had extra time after so I visited a nearby nature preserve.
Finally, back to the hotel, pizza for dinner and early to bed .
- Sunday – The big day! I ran the Publix Florida Half Marathon. 13.1 miles of mostly ocean views that also included a bridge at mile 6.5 and another at 12.5. It was exhausting and fun at the same time.
After I checked out of my hotel, I drove back south. On the way, I stopped for lunch to visit with a friend who lives in Jensen Beach.
Last stop of the day was to my college roommate’s where I’d be staying for the next two nights.
Last Week on the Blog –
- Monday – We got up early as we were driving down to Miami. Our first stop was the Art Deco District and lunch with a view of the ocean. And our last stop was Wynwood Walls and dinner in Little Havana.
The main reason for the trip, however, was to see the Beyond Monet Exhibit… and it was awesome.
- Tuesday – Last day in Florida. Sigh. I was lucky enough to get to meet and run with fellow blogger Jenny.
I ended my vacay with a delicious brunch.
Happy to report that there was no flight drama and I arrived home safe and sound.
- Wednesday – A rude awakening… cold temps and WIND. Back on with the layers for a lunchtime run and then an after work walk with friends.
- Thursday – A lot warmer today but still windy. I had hoped to run at lunch but it was raining. Being a fair weather runner, I waited until after work and headed to UAlbany.
- Friday – Rest Day (and still windy and colder than the day before… ugh!) but getting to catch up that evening with the mah jongg ladies
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday was back! I guess you’d call it a recovery/taper – 10 miles because next weekend is another half marathon. So glad to have Stan and Sherry as my run companions.
- Sunday – Rest Day… errands and some hiking.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF- run
- Tuesday –rest day, (working at the NYS Bar exam), walk
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run
- Friday -rest day, (working at the NYS Bar exam), walk, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest day, train to NY, Ice Sculptures on Governor’s Island
- Sunday – Central Park Half Marathon, brunch with friends, train home
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Publix Florida Half Marathon Race Recap
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? How are you dealing with winter running so far? Any warm weather vacations planned? Please share.