One of my favorite races has always been the Albany Last Run where we run 3.1 miles through the holiday lights in Washington Park. This race happened for the last time on Saturday night.
There will no longer be lights during the holidays in this park. (Complaints about traffic…) I am assuming that this 5k race will no longer be held as a result.
- Sunday – A beautiful fall day. Perfect for a hike at Thunder Mountain in Greenwich, NY.
- Monday – A rainy morning and afternoon. Luckily it was not raining during lunchtime so I could get in my run. It wasn’t cold but the wind sure made it feel that way.
- Tuesday – Another run through the lights in the park. This week, I had company and it was so much more fun than doing it alone.
- Wednesday – A rest day and an ugly weather day. Even snow was predicted.
I woke up to snow on the ground but luckily the sun came out mid-day and it all melted.
Anyway it was a busy work day.
After work, I went to pick up my race packet for Saturday’s race. I also picked up packets for my friends (like 9).
Then I went for a walk nearby with friends and it started to snow again.
It was also the NYC Half Marathon Lottery day. They had recently announced that if you were not double vaccinated, you could not run the race. I was hoping selfishly that it made my chances better (judging from the angry FB posts.)
- Thursday – Again I woke up to snow but this time several inches. Fingers crossed that I would be able to run later.
I had a dentist appointment today and when I was done, I had enough time to get my run done on the rail rail before darkness. Always a treat not to have a mid-week run done at Ualbany (or in my boring neighborhood.)
- Friday – Another rest day (due the next day’s race). The evening was spent with the mah jongg ladies.
- Saturday – A rainy day!! And Race Night. Albany Last Run. This is always a good time (not referring to finish time lol) because all my friends run it. And it never rained until later that night!!!
Afterward, we all gathered for a pot luck dinner and a farewell to one of our friends who is moving away.
- Sunday – The first local (free) Winter Series Race was held today. Always a hard decision. Do I run it? Or do I do my 8 mile long run? Or skip both options and just go for a hike.
Well, the sun was shining and I looked at the list of those signed up and they had all run the night before too…so why not?
It was so much fun since it was smaller (150 vs 1500) and I was able to chat with so many runners.
After some soup, cookies and hot chocolate, I set out to compete more miles so I could count it as a long run.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run at lunch, volunteering
- Tuesday – run at lunch, after work BBF birthday dinner
- Wednesday – rest day, after work dinner out with walking friends
- Thursday – run before work, tennis holiday party
- Friday -rest day, mah jongg or full moon hike
- Saturday – Long Run, Holiday dinner with family
- Sunday – rest day, hiking, anniversary mah jongg sinner
and a few of us bloggers are offering a fitness challenge starting next week. Please join us!
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – 2021 in Bling
- Friday – Big Hairy Goal for 2022
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Did you run a Turkey Trot? Please share.