The topic for today is: Share your favorite running item(s) you’ve tried this year
I am a creature of habit so I have not tried anything new that I can think of except for new shoes and new races.
I pretty much only wear Topos ever since I was diagnosed with a neuroma because of their wide toe box. (I already have Magnifly, Ultrafly and Flylyte.) But I did try two new styles:
- Topos Phantom – These have a 5mm drop and more support and cushioning than the other Topos. I like to wear them for long runs and long races.
- Topos Cyclone – These also have a 5mm drop. But they are much lighter and less supportive. I like to wear them for short races.
As with many of the Topos, I struggle with the lacing. It is often hard to get them tight enough and to get them to stay tied.
Magnifly Topos are my favorites but still Thumbs Up for both of these.
I love to race and love to try new races and routes. Many of my go-to races were not happening due to COVID.
These are the races that I have never run before:
- A1A Fort Lauderdale Half Marathon – 13.1 miles (in Fort Lauderdale) along the eastern coast of Florida (recap)
- Electric City 5 Miler – a new race along the Mohawk River in Schenectady, NY (recap)
- Prospect Mountain Road Race – a challenging 5.6 miles to the top of a mountain ending with beautiful views of Lake George (recap)
- Miles on the Mohawk 10 Miler – a point-to-point race along the Mohawk (recap)
- Rabbit Ramble 4 Miler – a new location on the rolling hills of Altamont, NY (recap)
- Firecracker 4 – a very popular race on July 4th in Saratoga, NY (recap)
- FASNY 5k – a new race in Saratoga State Park (recap)
- Run for the Roses 5K – a hilly race in Grafton Lake State Park (recap)
- Whipple City 10k – even hillier race in the countryside of Greenwich, NY (recap)
I would give them all up THUMBS UP!!
Happy Running! What’s new with you? What items (or races) have you tried this year? Please share.