It feels good to say Race Week.
But actually it was just a 5k that I registered for on a whim. Still it was a race.
With no days off this week, I had to work in the office for three days – Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
We’ve had record rain fall in July and the threat of rain most days continued this week as well.
- Monday – Woke up to rain… AGAIN! (Wondering if I should build an ark.)
Back in the office so not much activity except for a drizzly lunch Starbucks walk around the mall
and then in the evening when my Freihofer Training Challenge (FTC) group run was scheduled.
The rain had stopped and it warmed up for us to run. I ran with two runners a not so easy 3 miles.
- Tuesday – A busy work day at home but it was a rest day. I started the day with a short walk.
And ended it with a long walk after with my friends. We again had to deal with the threat of thunderstorms. But we got it done before the rain!!
- Wednesday – Back in the office and the weather cooperated for a Starbucks/lunch walk. Finally a breeze and low humidity.
After work, no ice cream run this week but instead the SOAR group run was offered at the new Electric Rail trail. I had run there before and it was not my favorite (uphill, no shade) but I hated to turn down the opportunity to run with other ladies so I went. Glad I did, of course. I made a few new friends and although it rained in many places, we stayed dry!!!
- Thursday – Working from home today but too busy to run. So after work, I quickly ran a few miles
and then met Barbara to carpool to tonight’s ARE weekly Trail run. This week it was held at Indian Ladder Farms.. Grass, trails, hills and dinner after. A good time was had by all.
- Friday – Our running group had a Moonlight Paddle scheduled that had to be canceled (flooding) so I decided to add in another short run before my mah jongg game.
Since I was in the office, I had planned to run at UAlbany. Just like old times. But a friend asked me to run with her on the rail trail… so I met her there to run. There will plenty of UAlbany runs when I go back to the office full-time.
- Saturday – LONG RUN Saturday was changed to a walk for me and then cancelled. Due to rain in the forecast for Sunday (and my race), I decided to go up to the lake with the hubby instead.
I did get in a walk around town but for the most part, it was sitting and reading and relaxing in the sun. Ahhhh!
- Sunday – Race Day! FASNY 5k.
I can’t that this was a good race or a successful one.
(More details to come in a later post.)
I loved running n the beautiful park so that was the highlight of the morning.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – FTC run
- Tuesday – rest day, walk with friends
- Wednesday – Ice Cream run
- Thursday – ARE Trail Run
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – LONG Run
- Sunday – rest day, boating/hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Running Solo
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Have you been experiencing summer temps where you live? Any vacations planned? Please share.