April showers bring … Wait, it’s June. Rain this week made scheduling things a challenge. But the important things like runs got done.
- Monday – #nevermissamonday almost didn’t happen. I woke up to thunderstorms and the rain continued on and off throughout the day. I wanted to squeeze a run in since I wanted to take a rest day on Tuesday (There was more rain in the forecast).
- Tuesday – Since it was supposed to rain, I didn’t plan to run and besides, it was a busy work day. I was hoping that my long after work walk would not get rained out. And it rained before and after so we got in a delightful walk on the rail trail.
- Wednesday – Today was our second scheduled Ice Cream run. You know how I feel about ice cream so joining this group run again this week was a no brainer. The timing worked out since I was too busy to run at lunch anyway. We met at The Crossings at 6 pm to run and then after, we went to a nearby shop to get some homemade ice cream.
- Thursday – No rain for the 2nd day in a row. I was very excited because today at 6:30 pm was our first scheduled weekly Trail Group Run since 2019. We met at Lawson Lake and about 75 runners showed up. You know that I am nervous about running on trails so I was glad to have company at the back of the pack. There was also a BBQ after. Loads of fun!
- Friday – Rest Day finally. Not much activity beside a short bike ride during lunch and my weekly mah jongg game. It was held this week at my house so that meant shopping and cleaning.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. Would we get rained out? Nope, no rain until evening. We ran on a new to me bike path. It was nice to run some place different though I did not appreciate the hills. Afterward, we got brunch (of course) and hung at Chris’ house.
I couldn’t stay that long since I had a graduation party to attend in the afternoon.
- Sunday – A beautiful day for relaxing on the lake.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – rest day, walk with friends
- Wednesday – Ice Cream run
- Thursday – ARE Trail Run (with friends)
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – LONG Run
- Sunday – rest day, boating/hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Your Initials and Running
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Have you been experiencing summer temps or rain where you live? Any vacations planned? Please share.