This was something I’ve done every year since 2014:
(If you’ve never heard about the My One Word approach, here is a summary:
Lose the long the list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick one word. This process forces clarity by taking all of your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single thing. Your one word focuses on your character and creates a vision for your future.)
Below is a list of the words, I’ve chosen so far:
I had many ideas for ways that I was going to be patient.
None of them really mattered. Once the Pandemic arrived (and is still around), my word took on a whole other life. Who knew at that time, how appropriate this word would be?
- Being Patient when I could not run with my friends.
- Being Patient when I could not run in the places that I normally loved to run in.
- Being Patient that I could not travel and run in new places.
- Being Patient when my favorite races got cancelled.
- Being Patient when the races that I signed up for went virtual.
- Being Patient when my favorite races went virtual.
- Being Patient when gyms closed (and I don’t own any exercise equipment.)
- Being Patient when I have to carry a mask or wear a buff around my neck every time I run.
- Being Patient even when a race does happen, I have to deal with all the restrictions.
- Being Patient when after a long run, I can’t go out for an indoor brunch (and it’s cold out.)
- Being Patient when I can’t plan my racing schedule for next year.
- Being Patient when my pace has slowed to a crawl to due lack of racing and training mojo.
- Being Patient when COVID is the topic of almost every conversation.
- Being Patient with those who are overly paranoid about COVID.
- Being Patient with those who do not take COVID serious enough.
- Being Patient until I can get the vaccine.
- Being Patient with those who are skeptical of the vaccine.
I’ll stop but I could go on and on. Yes, as they say “This too shall pass.” But I’m tired of being patient!!
I know it’s Friday, but it’s 2020, I could NOT limit myself to FIVE.
It’s Friday so I’m linking up with Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five linkup! Join in! Don’t forget to link back to your hostess and visit some other bloggers.
Happy Running! If you were to choose ONE word for your focus throughout 2020, what would it have been? Have you been “patient” this year? Please share.