Yes, it’s that time of year…tree lighting and decorations in NYC (and I was there ALL week for work) and a local holiday 5k race.
Last Week –
- Monday – Our first snowstorm of the year and it was a big one (over 2 ft). Even my office was closed. Unfortunately I was scheduled to take the train to NYC. I got there but only after a long 2.5 hour delay. After a quick trip to Queens, I would normally rush back to Manhattan to run. But with a sore foot and the snow/sleet, I just hopped the subway to Lincoln Center to meet my friends Cari and Elizabeth. We had tix to a VIP reception at PJ Clarke’s. Free drinks, free food and great company. Afterward I took the subway back to the hotel. No unlike me. I love to walk in the city 😦
- Tuesday – A long work day with a lot of walking and standing. Ventured out to Hudson Yards for some entertainment but foot pain sent me back to the hotel to self medicate with pizza and wine.
- Wednesday – Another long work day with a lot of walking and standing but instead of going right back to the hotel, I stopped off to check out some of favorite holiday decorations, have dinner and then limp back to my hotel.
The city was crazy crowded so I enjoyed my wine and dessert in the hotel while watching the Rockefeller tree lighting on TV.
- Thursday – Same old same old. Work…foot pain. NO RUNNING. My last night in Manhattan so of course, I had to check out Saks and Rockefeller Center.
- Friday – Just a normal city work day followed by the train home in the evening.
- Saturday – For the first time ever I did not run the Last Run 5k. I did not even walk it. I went dressed up and cheered for my friends. Bummed but felt it was the smart move.
Afterward we all gathered for a post race party.
- Sunday – Another DNS. I did not even go to our first local race of the season. At least this one was free.
In the afternoon I went with a friend to see the Les Miserables concert movie.
And in the evening out to a Chinese dinner to celebrate our mah jongg group’s 11th anniversary.
Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. But NYC is my favorite place to run it and I did not.
Christmas in NYC is magical and I only limped my way to a few key sights. I normally would have done a lot more.
The good news is that while I was away my new kitty ran away. But he came back!!!
Foot doctor appointment on Monday morning. Fingers crossed for an end to this pain.
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Please share.