Two weeks until my next half marathon!!
I’m not as nervous about this one. It’s local. I can sleep in my own bed. It’s a downhill course that I am familiar with. I will know so many runners there.
What I’m saying is that it’ll be another fun race. With no time goals.
I’m not giving up on PRs…or am I?
Maybe next year, it can be a goal race – with a training plan and no sore calf. We’ll see.
Last week –
- Monday – So today was the second meeting of the Freihofer Challenge Training group. At least it was a little warmer than last week but still cold and windy. Again I hesitated to run with the Advanced group since I had done my long run the day before (Also the slower advanced runners joined another running group this year). So I started out with them, slowed down and quit after their first loop.
- Tuesday – After two days in a row of running, I took a rest day. I met my BFF for dinner and a walk around the mall.
- Wednesday – Off to LI for work. I arrived early enough to get in a run, set up for the next day
and then had dinner with 2 high school classmates.
- Thursday – Another post work run in the same park as the day before.
- Friday – A rest day because I had to drive home from LI after work.
- Saturday -. I originally thought that I may do a long run today but after a long drive and late arrival home last night, I decided to sleep in. However when the temps went up to 60 degrees with a forecast of rain for Sunday, I changed my mind and went out for run. Not the 12 on my schedule just in case I would race the next day.
- Sunday – I decided (maybe stupidly) to test my leg in an actual race so I signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle, a 5 mile race about an hour north of where I live. I almost bailed because it was pouring and very windy. No course PR or AG award but still wet fun.