- Monday – The reason I was not traveling was because I might be called for jury duty. And I today I was called to report. However, the case was dismissed and so was I. Back to work for the rest of the week. I decided for my run to preview the Last Run course. That meant running around the park which is decorated for the holidays with lights. It was raining on and off but still worth the trip.
- Tuesday – Rest Day because I was scheduled to sub for tennis and also wanted to get some shopping done.
- Wednesday – My running dilemma has been where to run that is light enough. I get tired of UAlbany so I ran in my town under the lights when possible. (After first picking up my bib (and 9 of my running friends’ bibs) for Saturday’s race.)
- Thursday – I was happy to be working locally so I could run at UAlbany after work with some of the Sole Sisters. This is a biweekly thing because the paths are lit there and shoveled if it snows.
- Friday – Rest day and hosting Mah Jongg.
- Saturday – Race Day. But actually Race Night. The annual Last Run, a 5k through the lights in the park. Always a fun time and even more fun when it’s not icy or snowing and you’re running surrounded by all your friends. It was my slowest 5k of the year but maybe the one I enjoyed the most.
Afterwards the Sole Sisters gathered for a potluck dinner. We ate, chatted, laughed and even knit!
- Sunday – This morning was the first of five (free) Winter Series races. Having raced the night before, I can’t say I actually raced it but did complete the 3 miles and ate as if I raced 10.
In the evening, my holiday parties continued. This time it was my annual tennis party complete with gifts, food, entertainment and laughs.
This Coming Week –
- Monday -train to NYC, rest day, Warhol exhibit at Whitney
- Tuesday – NYC, 3 miles
- Wednesday – NYC, 3 miles (Asics Run & Holiday Party)
- Thursday -NYC, 3 miles
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – Long run with my Sole Sisters, Birthday celebration with my mentee (Canvas Corks & Forks)
- Sunday -rest day
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Do you run any Christmas-themed races? Please share.