Yup, 3 days in Liverpool for work and 2 days in NYC for fun.
- Monday – The hot muggy weather continued. After I set up for my job in Liverpool, I decided to go for a run along Onondaga Lake. Well with the heat index at 99 and little shade, it was a sweat fest. But I got it done and returned to the hotel just seconds before the sky opened up.
Eventually the torrential rain stopped and I went back to the park for a sunset walk.
- Tuesday – Another rainy day but not as hot as the day before. The rain had stopped by the time I finished work so I headed back to the park. It was still very humid and this run felt even harder than the day before.
Again instead of sitting in my hotel room, I took my another sunset walk. The sky was clearer and definitely a worthy of the view.
- Wednesday – Another rainy day. Nothing new here. But the rain stopped so on my way home, I stopped at the same park for a quick run. Humidity prevailed and I struggled….
- Thursday – Rainy morning led to a sunny day. Of course, I had too much to do to run. I declared it a “Rest Day.”
- Friday – Another Rest Day because I had to get to NYC to meet up with my Russian friend Anna. Her train was late so I rushed to pick up our race packet then we spent the evening catching up and having fun in the city.
- Saturday – Race Day. Governor’s Island 5k. The logistics were pretty complicated. We had to get up early to take an Uber to where we would catch the ferry to get to Governor’s Island. To make matters worse, A huge thunderstorm hit as soon as we got to the island and the RACE WAS CANCELLED!!!
Initially we were bummed especially since the rain stopped but we decided to make the best of the day
- Sunday – We got up early and went for a 5k run in Central Park, had lunch there and then I had to bid Anna farewell. Rushed for time, I ran back to the hotel and then walked back to Grand Central to take the train home.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – train BACK to NYC for work, 4 miles
- Tuesday – 3 miles
- Wednesday – 3 miles, blogger meet up with Cari
- Thursday – 3 miles
- Friday – rest day, train home
- Saturday – 5k Race + more miles or Long Run
- Sunday -rest day, Boating
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Is the humidity killing your running mojo?Please share.