Last week –
- Monday – For the first time ever, I had to work today. As a result, our NYE plans were last minute. Two of my running friends mentioned an event that they were going to – Eden Cafe celebrating a Brazilian New Year’s Eve (parts of Brazil celebrate midnight at our 10 pm.) with an Improvisational Comedy Troupe along with other comedians and musical entertainers and food. The hubby, his friend and I decided to join them. Definitely something different for us. I won’t go into details but we won’t be repeating this event.
- Tuesday – First race of 2019. Winter Series #2. A 3.5 miler or 13.1. I chose the 3.5 miles (really 3.75) which started at noon. A fun race with lots of runner friends.
- Wednesday – Our local Fleet Feet offered a Resolution Run so I signed up. I get tired of my after work running route (UAlbany) though I would prefer getting my run done right after work and not waiting 2 hours. I was afraid that I would know no one (Judy was not participating in the run) and that the runners would all be fast. It was not the case. I met a nice lady and we chatted before and after the run. She was much too slow to run with but I did run in the DARK with a nice bunch of ladies. Glad I went. It’s important every now and then to leave your comfort zone.
- Thursday – An after work run at UAlbany with 3 Sole Sisters. Always glad to have company on my runs.
- Friday – A well deserved rest day and an evening home to play mah jongg.
- Saturday – Long run Saturday with the Sole Sisters got rained out so a rest and errands day.
- Sunday – Long run with the Sole Sisters was rescheduled. We chose to run on the Zim Smith Trail. We have been so lucky this winter with no ice or snow and almost perfect weather, Today was no exception. Runners arrived at different times and ran different distances. I ran 7 miles with Barbara, Judy and Sherry and then the last 3 by myself. During that segment, I bumped into my Patrick, my Freihofer and Turkey Trot coach and we ran together for a bit. A nice surprise.
Our run was followed by brunch at Leah’s Cakery where I consumed chocolate milk, quiche and a brownie (well, I did run 10 miles!)
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 4 miles
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis sub
- Wednesday – 4 miles
- Thursday – 3 miles with SS
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – 10-11 miles with my Sole Sisters (Feb. 10 half marathon training continues)
- Sunday –Winter Series #3 Race (3M)
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? When’s your first race of 2019? ? Please share.