Yes, Work took me back to NYC (Tues-Fri and then Sun)… so it’s pretty much routine these days – Trains, Work, Run, Sleep (with coffee, food and wine mixed in LOL)
Last week –
- Monday – I was actually working in my office today and was able to attend my FIRST Freihofer Training Challenge run. It was so much fun to see my old friends. The run was tough but needed. (Thanks Patrick for making me run fast…at least for a minute.)
- Tuesday – Off to NYC again by train. I was tired from the previous day’s hard workout but with the upcoming forecast, I wanted to get out there and run. It was raining when I arrived but there promised to be a break in the rain so I headed to the High Line since it was the closest of my running routes to my hotel. Well, the run was miserable. I was cold and wet. But nothing that a nice dinner and a glass of wine couldn’t fix.
- Wednesday – Another rainy day but the sun did come out after work so I hopped the subway to Central Park. It was super windy and my legs very tired but the park never disappoints.
- Thursday – Finally a day without rain but it was time for rest (and besides it was windy and freezing). Instead I met fellow Skirt Sports ambassador for a dinner.
I said “rest day” but I actually put almost 8 miles on my feet walking.
- Friday – Another rest day since I had to get the train to head home and there was no time to run.
- Saturday –No race planned for day so I participated in the FTC group run followed by extra miles and brunch with three of the Wine Glass ladies.
- Sunday – Believe it or not, I had to take the train back to NYC for work. And the temps keep getting colder. When is spring coming??? I hoped to run once I arrived. I hadn’t been to the East River is awhile because it takes a long time to run there so I hopped the bus this time to get there and back. The sun was nice but running into the wind was brutal. Still loved the views and it was worth freezing my ears off.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – rest day in NYC, train home
- Tuesday – drive to Buffalo, 3 miles?
- Wednesday – rest day, drive home
- Thursday – DAY OFF, 4 miles?, hair appt
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday – rest day
- Sunday – Delmar Dash (5 mile race) + 4 more miles
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Has spring arrived where you live? Please share.