New York, New York. It’s my kind of town…
Lots of lights and places to run…
Last week –
- Monday – Again I was scheduled to work in Queens. So after I set up and got back to Manhattan, I went for a short run. I decided to run on the High Line because I actually had enough daylight before it closed.
A short run because I had tickets for a pro tennis tournament in Madison Square Garden.
- Tuesday – Today after work, I wanted to get one more run in before the storm so I ran along the Hudson River until it got dark and then through the city.
- Wednesday – My new Skirt Sports ambassador buddy, Elizabeth, recommended that I attend this event with her.
But the event got cancelled due the snowstorm. I was totally bummed. So I made the best of the evening and took on a Broadway show.
- Thursday – Finally Elizabeth and I were supposed to run together. But the weather again messed up our plans. Her Tuesday running class got rescheduled for today. So we planned to meet up the next I am here. and I took the subway to Central Park and ran solo.
Afterward, I stumbled upon the Underground Market – amazing eateries near the Columbus Circle subway station.
- Friday – No time to run since I had to take the time home after work. I needed a rest anyway.
- Saturday – Last long run before the big one. Because the paths at the Crossings were plowed last week, I encouraged the Wineglass ladies to join me for a run there. Jeri & Heidi ran/walked together and Christian & Sherry ran together. Barbara was a good sport and ran 8 miles with me. Then we all met up for brunch.
- Sunday – Rest and time to pack for my upcoming vacation!!!
This Coming Week –
- Monday – 4 miles
- Tuesday – 2 miles before tennis
- Wednesday – rest day, fly to West Palm Beach, FL, drive to Delray Beach
- Thursday – 3 miles in Delray and visiting 3 different friends
- Friday – rest day, drive to Vero Beach, packet pick up and meet up with some more friends
- Saturday – Brew 2 Brew Half Marathon, drive to Sebastian (to visit my sister-in-law) and then Hobe Sound
- Sunday – rest day in Hobe Sound visiting friends
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? How are you dealing with winter? Did you run or are you training for any races? Please share.