- Monday – My hubby and friends were still at the lake but I was working. I made the best of it by meeting Alyssa after work to run in the park and then my BFF to walk in the mall.
- Tuesday – 4th of July Holiday = day off from work. Yay! Back up to the lake, of course.
Perfect weather for a BBQ with friends, a short hike and fireworks at the marina.
- Wednesday – Got home very late the night before due to watching the fireworks but had a short day at work before catching the train to NYC. After I arrived, I rushed to my hotel, changed my clothes and took the subway to Brooklyn. I had signed up for an evening 5k.
- Thursday – Stuck indoors all day for work. As soon as I was done, I changed into running clothes and ran a few miles along the river.
Then I ran back to the hotel to change and set out again in hopes of getting cheap seats to a show.
- Friday – Another work day in the Big Apple and a rainy one. At least I had a planned rest day. I went for a walk at lunch (In the rain) but after work had to get my luggage at the hotel and then catch the train home.
- Saturday – I had planned on a 5k on Sunday but hadn’t registered and decided to skip it and run for fun. But my mistake was believing the weather forecast which said rain early then clearing. Well it was clear early and then stormed on and off ALL day. I did all my errands but at 5 pm I gave up trying to run.
- Sunday – Instead I ran up at the lake before we went out on the lake.
16 miles done with 4 runs and 3 rest days
- Monday – 4 mile run, dinner with an old friend
- Tuesday – rest, driving 4 hrs to Rochester, NY
- Wednesday – work in Rochester, driving home
- Thursday – 4 mile run with Alyssa
- Friday – rest
- Saturday – 7 mile run, tennis, fun with friends on the Schroon River
- Sunday – tennis, fun with friends on the Schroon River
Once again, I am linking up for the Weekly Wrap hosted by these wonderful bloggers Holly @ HoHoRuns and Tricia @ MissSippiPiddlin. See rules here.
This week’s guest host is Christine @ Into the Glimmer
Happy Running! How is your running going? Are you have a fun summer?
congrats on the win! I’m training for a marathon so my running is long and slow lol
you are running and that is great! Esp in these warm humid temps.
Congrats on your AG award – that’s awesome!
So far so good on the summer.
Rochester is my alma mater. Haven’t been back since I graduated! At least it’s nice in the summer.
Too bad I’ll just see a training lab and a hotel plus 8 hours of driving in two days. Oh well. At least I got some lake time yesterday.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Unless it’s changed a great deal in the last 30 years, it’s not an exciting city.
There are a lot of pretty running trails so I’ve read – Erie Canal Path, etc. Wish I had the time to check them out.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Remember, I definitely wasn’t a runner in college! And school was far away from downtown Rochester (although I made it there occasionally).
The lake is pretty, of course.
Great photos, it looks like you ran in some beautiful areas this week!
Yes. This was a good one for that. NYC and the Adirondacks.
Another good week for you and those lake views never get old, I’m sure!! I do envy all of the plays and musicals you are able to squeeze in! Where was the “best” NY pizza you had??? We love to go to John’s Pizzeria on W 44th whenever we visit NY …it’s in an old church with beautiful stained glass windows all around!!
This was at a random place on 8th and 44th, I think. I’ll have to check out John’s Pizzeria next time.
I’m trying to make the best of a lousy situation and the plays help.
And loving the lake in the summertime.
Plays would definitely help!😉
Your NYC excursion looked fun! I’m still in awe how you pulled off that evening race 😉
Me too. I was a little skeptical.
Congrats on the age group win in Brooklyn, speedy lady! Your lake time looks incredible. I’m trying to get as much as possible. In fact, I went before work this morning. A girls gotta do…
Awesome. I wish I lived closer to the lake. I would do the same.
I’m so envious of your time at Lake George! It looks so gorgeous there. I’ve never been to Adirondacks. I’m sure I’d love it.
You would love it. You could waterski and kayak.
Congrats on that age group award! You keep cranking them out! WOO HOO! Enjoy all that beautiful lake time!
Thanks. And I definitely will.
Congrats on the 5K AG win and a good week overall! Lake time looks awesome. Thanks for linking! 🙂