Erika @ MCM Mama Runs hosts Tuesdays on the Run with April @ Run the great wide somewhere and Patty @ My no-guilt life!
This week’s topic is: Runner’s Gift List
Here are my 5 recommendations:
If you are a runner, you know how important it is to track your distance and pace especially during a race and training for an important race. I couldn’t survive without one. I have the Garmin 205 which is rather large and I am not sure how long it will last. I would love to have a new one, Santa!
Mizunos Wave Rider 18s
“I have too many pairs of running shoes,” said no runner ever! I love my Mizuno Wave Rider 18s that I have in black. It would be nice to get another pair ..in pink?
I have heard a lot about Hokas and how supportive they are. I would love to try them….
I can’t believe that I ever ran in shorts. Skirts are so much more comfortable and they look so much better (especially if you don’t have a perfect body.) Those from Runningskirt.com are my favorite. I love their length and that they have 2 pockets. I have a few but not enough….
I don’t have any from SkirtSports but I think I would like them. They come in cool designs and I have heard that they are comfortable.
Every girl likes bling! And how nice would a charm with a message or commemorating a race distance be…
I am wearing one that ❤ Running
Having the right socks are almost as important as the right shoes. The only time I don’t wear compression is when is very hot or with capris. I get blisters so I heard that Feetures are a great low sock to buy.
However, my favorite socks are compression ones from Pro Compression.
I wear their Marathon socks and I love them!!
Here are the key features of these socks:
1. True Graduated Compression
2. Arch support with just the right about of compression
3. Stabilization zone thru the sides to mid foot. Helps provide foot bed comfort.
4. Open toe box so it will not keep your toes too tight.
5. Wide cuff for added comfort.
6. Moisture wicking materials
7. No blisters!
If that’s not enough, here are some more reasons to buy them:
1. Their socks are MADE in the USA
2. They always have a super fun Sock of the Month! A new sock designs every month with a discount! Sign up on the home page under: Receive Monthly Specials.
3. They are one of the few compression socks companies that makes a true graduated compression sock (They work!)
4. They sell direct. That means bigger discounts and more focus on the customer. Their goal is to make sure everyone is in the correct sock or sleeve that is best for them!
I have worn other compression socks but after I had serious ankle surgery, I was worried about be able to run again. I bought these socks because they boasted that they help reduce swelling and inflammation while providing critical support to muscles and tendons.
Well, I was able to run with no pain and minimal recovery time.
first Half Marathon after ankle surgery
However, why I buy really them is that I NEVER HAVE TIRED LEGS! I have not had any calf issues, shin splints, PF, IT band problems, etc.
during a 15K race
In fact after my last 10 mile race, I continued wearing them and walked around a sculpture garden for 5 hours!! Imagine that!
Most recently, I PRed in a pair at a 15K race.
So if you want to buy a pair, enter the code PINK2 at checkout for a 40% discount! (This code is valid thru Dec. 15.)
For more gift ideas, click here.
Happy Running! What is on your list? Have you worn Pro Compression socks?
Disclaimer: I received the Pro Compression socks free of charge as part of a Fitfluential/Sweat Pink campaign. All opinions are my own.