Yes, with the clocks turned back, where can I run?
I don’t like to run in the dark.
Now the mornings are lighter but once it gets cold….
At least today I have a 15k race to look forward to.
- Sunday – Now that boating season is over, I try to hike every Sunday.
I decided to head south because I thought the foliage would be prettier. The weather seemed perfect but then it started to rain as I drove and it rained harder and harder.
As soon as I arrived at Falling Waters Preserve, the rain seemed to let up. Yay!
But not for long. I did one trail and then retuned back to my car and found a rain poncho in my trunk (of course, all runners have one, right?)
It helped sort of until the wind picked up. It felt like walking in a Nor’easter. I bailed on the 3rd trail and headed to my next destination.
It was still raining but I didn’t drive an hour not to hike and this one (Saugerties Light House Preserve) was a shorter trail.
Of course as soon as I was finished hiking, the rain stopped. So I drove into town and walked around.
- Monday – #nvermisssamonday and since it was lighter in the morning, I decided to give a before work run a whirl. I woke up to rain but happily, it stopped but it was still very warm for this time of year.
After work, I went for a walk at on a trail at a nearby park hoping to beat darkness.
- Tuesday – I thought about a before work run but the cold temps (40s) deterred me so it was a lunch run instead
and then I met my BFF for a walk after work. (I voted last week.)
- Wednesday – Rest day and it was the day of my monthly dinner with my tennis friends.
- Thursday – Frost when I woke up… not ready for this! Postponed my run until lunchtime. And it warmed up (50s) and the sun came out.
- Friday – Rest Day!!
Facebook reminded that on this day two years I hiked at Olana. I figured it was a sign to go back. Although the trees were bare and the clouds threatened rain, it was an enjoyable way to spend the Holiday and a day off from work.
And played mah jongg in the evening (much more relaxing not having to do a long run the next morning.)
- Saturday – Rest Day and just a walk with my running friends followed by brunch
and then packet pickup for Sunday’s race.
Some errands and household chores and of course, carb loading…
- Sunday – Stockade-athon 15k Race!!
I’ve done this race many times and it’s always fun because I will know many runners out there. But actually I signed up because I have a half marathon next Sunday and the distance is perfect for a taper run.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – DAY OFF, hike, vet appt.
- Tuesday – AM run, dinner out
- Wednesday – PM run
- Thursday – PM run
- Friday – rest day, packet pick-up, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest day, walk
- Sunday – Upstate Classic Half Marathon
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – The Thankful for Running Post
- Friday – Why Turkey Trot?
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races run or planned? Has the weather been fall-like where you live