Yup, on the road again.
The highlight of my week was going to NYC!
My least favorite part of the week was a work trip to Rochester, NY.
Oh, I also managed to squeeze in a 5k race on Saturday.
- Sunday – I took the train down to NYC where I spent a lovely day.
I had lunch with some college friends and then we visited the Morgan Library.
Afterward I went to the top of Summit One for views of the city at sunset.
I ended the day in Bryant Park with Cari.
- Monday – Rain was in the forecast but Cari and I crossed our fingers that we could get a dry run done in Central Park before she had to go to work.
It started to sprinkle but not enough to deter me from some more leave peeping miles in the park.
The sun peaked out by the time to head to my museum visits.
First a quick one to Cooper Hewitt (since it was on the way and free.)
Then on to the Jewish Museum (which surprisingly was free too). There was a special exhibit on the 60’s (and I’m old enough to remember them) among other things.
I took the subway back to my hotel to check out.
My final stop was to another friend’s apartment before heading home.
- Tuesday – Back to work. No time to run until after work.
- Wednesday – This afternoon I had to drive to Rochester for work (3 1/2 hours.) After checking into my hotel, I wanted to run on the Erie Canal trail before dark. I was staying a different hotel than I usually do so I asked the desk clerk where to go. She pointed out the trail and told me to park in the hospital parking lot.
Oh, it was COLD and raining so I think she thought I was nuts.
I had to return to my hotel to change out of my wet clothes before heading out to dinner .
- Thursday – On my way home from Rochester, I decided to squeeze on one more run. This time I headed to where I used to park (Schoen Place) to run on the Erie Canal..
It was dry but overcast and windy.
One last stop before leaving Rochester:
Once home, I had to pick up my race packet and stop at Trader Joes (for flowers and everything pumpkin lol)
- Friday – Rest Day!! No mah jongg due to COVID exposures but time to unpack, carb load and get together a #flatme.
- Saturday – Summer Smith Memorial 5k. I was pooped from all the travel this week and wasn’t feeling the run. But as soon as I got there my spirits lifted.
There were some speeches, many raffle items, memorial balloon launch and tears by many (who knew Summer or anyone who died due to drug/alcohol addiction.)
I never regret a race…but my legs were not happy adding more miles after.
Finally got to celebrate my stepson’s birthday with a dinner out.
- Sunday – I need to do some leaf peeping before it was past peak. But I need to get out early before the crowds hit.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – rest day, walk
- Wednesday – run
- Thursday – run
- Friday – rest day, vet visit, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday – Long Run
- Sunday – hiking?
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Summer Smith Memorial 5k Race Recap
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any races run or planned? Has the weather been fall-like where you live