Still racing every weekend.
And my favorite race of the year was held yesterday!!
- Sunday – Race Day! Miles on the Mohawk!! A local 10 miler that I ran for the second time. This year, it didn’t rain. Instead it was HOT and humid. As a result, it was a hard race but I enjoyed the course and all the familiar faces.
- Monday – Holiday – DAY OFF!!
So I planned to start the holiday at the gym. I got there and it was closed. BOO!
That just meant the hubby and I could leave earlier for the lake. It was a beautiful day and all I did was read, relax and enjoy the scenery.
We picnicked on an island and then stopped for ice cream on the way home!
- Tuesday – I planned to run before work but my knee has been feeling wonky (since gardening on Friday). Luckily it didn’t bother me at all during the race. I decided instead to go to the gym.
- Wednesday – Global Running Day! That means a run no matter what! With rain and thunderstorms predicted for later, I drove to the rail trail to run before work.
It seems that all my blogging friends joined me on a run virtually.
After work, I skipped my STEM run in favor of a dinner given for the FRW volunteers. (STEM run was cancelled due to the weather anyway.)
- Thursday – Back to the gym before work.
I squeezed in a run at lunch. (on my way home from the office)
I thought that I would stop off to pick up my race bib/shirt/cookies but the expo didn’t open until 4 pm. No worries… my friend said she would pick it up for me on her way to the trail run tonight.
Once my knee felt off, I immediately made an appt for today with my chiro. I haven’t seen her in ages and she is leaving soon on maternity leave. Of course, nothing hurt anymore but I thought it a good idea to get all aligned so I didn’t cancel the appt. She painfully worked on a tight leg muscle and my lower back… feeling great now!!
Then afterward, our first weekly trail run was held. It was so fun to run with a group. Although in my case, it’s more of a walk.
- Friday – Rest Day. LAST DAY for the gym.
In the evening, I volunteered at the expo for FRW race which would be held the next day before I headed to play mah jongg.
- Saturday – Race Day – Freihofer Run for Women (FRW) – It was my 15th time running the race and it was just as much fun as the first time.
- Sunday – I started the day with a run since I went to brunch yesterday instead of running more miles.
Then back up to the lake with my hubby and a friend.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run, belated B-day dinner
- Tuesday – run, walk with friends
- Wednesday – rest day,
STEM run, hair appt.
- Thursday – ARE trail run
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday –
Race Day (for STEM).Long Run
- Sunday – rest day, boating
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Miles on the Mohawk 10 Mile Race Recap
- Friday – CDPHP Workforce Team Challenge Race Recap
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Are you enjoying summer temps yet? Do you see your chiropractor regularly? Is there a race that you run EVERY year? Please share.