It is rare when you can run to the race start. But that was the case for today’s 5 mile race.
- Sunday – A cold blustery day where we even had snow flurries on and off all day. WTH?
(Boy, did I get lucky with the weather for Saturday’s Half Marathon)
I rested my achy quads, filed our taxes and then we went to my MIL’s for a family Easter Dinner.
- Monday – In the 20s when I woke up!! So I went to gym…
Though I did have to work, I kept sneaking peeks at the Boston Marathon while tracking a few friends.
I debated whether or not, my quads would be ok running at the FTC group run that evening. In the end, I did go…
- Tuesday – A snowy morning (yes, snow!!!!) but all I had planned today was the gym before work..
and a walk after work (in the mall.)
- Wednesday – I slept in today but ran a short distance after work before volunteering with the STEM training group at UAlbany.
I stopped at the library on the way home…
- Thursday – A busy work day and it was insanely WINDY so all I did today was walk in the mall with my BFF.
- Friday – Another before work gym workout
and then a neighborhood run after work before the evening with the mah jongg ladies.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday got changed to a walk with my running friends since I had a race the next day.
After brunch, I stopped off and got my race bib/shirt.
I had thought of hiking but instead did the usual stuff that doesn’t get done when you work all week (laundry, cleaning, shopping, etc.)
- Sunday – Race Day! Delmar Dash – a neighborhood 5 mile race.
Unfortunately not a lot of runners ran the race but it was still fun and the weather was perfect.
After the race, I ran 5 more miles so I could count it as my 10 mile long run. That run was miserable but it’s done.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – gym, Freihofer Training Challenge Run (FTC)
- Tuesday – rest day, walk
- Wednesday – gym, STEM run
- Thursday – gym, rest day, hair appt.
- Friday – LONG RUN (11 miles), mah jongg
- Saturday – rest day, walk/brunch with running friends
- Sunday – Sasha’s Super Hero 5k
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Delmar Dash Race Recap
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned? Did you experience spring-like weather this week? Ever race too much and have the races mess up your training plan? Please share.