A snowy start to the week but at least things warmed up a bit.
It was week of selfcare (haircut and nails) and catching up with friends (two ZOOMs).
Many of my friends ran the NYC Half Marathon on March 20.
I entered the lottery but did not get in so instead I decided to make sure I got in next year… hence, my virtual race.
- Sunday – Since I had only run 5 miles the day before (in a snowstorm)
I drove to the Crossings and ran 5 more windy chilly miles. 5+5= 10 miles, right? Weekend Long Run complete!
Afterward, I did all the errands that could not be done the day before.
- Monday – #nevermissamonday I ran after work and hoped that the streets in Delmar (where I live) would be clearer than the ones in Colonie (near the Crossings).
In the evening I had a ZOOM with a few of the college friends that I had went to France with. We hadn’t talked since we met in August.
- Tuesday – Another after work run. I drove to the rail trail and was pleasantly surprised that most of ice/snow had melted.
Must be a ZOOM week. Had another one tonight. This time with running friends since several are wintering in Florida and others have not been running due to the cold weather or injury.
- Wednesday – Rest day! I had an hair appointment after work. And besides I had run four days in a row. But I actually took a lunch time walk for a change… 60s again!!
- Thursday – Sunrise run… yes me!! It was awesome to start the day that way and then I could relax after work.
After work, it was raining (good decision on that run) so I went and got my nails done.
- Friday – With mild temps and the possibility of rain on Saturday, I was tempted to squeeze in a run before mah jongg. But instead I went for a walk with friends (70 degree temps – how crazy?)
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday.
Actually my plan for today was to run a Virtual NYC Half Marathon. 13.1 miles in the rain did not appeal to me…. But the forecast was wrong… it did not rain. In fact, it was warm and humid. I walked 3 miles and then ran/walked 10.14 with Sherry.
- Sunday – Glad that I got that long run/virtual race over with. This morning I was busy tracking my friends who were in NYC running the race LIVE.
In the afternoon, I was scheduled to volunteer for the Freihofer 5k at the Adirondack Sports Expo in Saratoga.
I got there early and had some delicious donut holes & spicy mocha while I strolled around Congress Park and downtown.
Then I got to hang out with some and old new friends while promoting this race (you can run it live or virtually for only $22 – that includes a shirt and a medal – AMBDC is the discount code)
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – Freihofer Training Challenge Run (FTC)
- Tuesday – lunch run
- Wednesday – run after work
- Thursday – rest day, dinner out with tennis friends
- Friday -lunch run, dinner with family (celebrate S & A’s anniversary)
- Saturday – rest day, walk
- Sunday – Shamrock Shuffle (5 mile race) + 6 miles
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday –Virtual NYC Half Marathon Race Recap
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races run or planned