Did you have fun ringing in the new year? I did and even stayed up until midnight!!!!
I’m re-posting Kim G‘s meme:
Thanks to Jenn, I’ll be moving everyday in January:
- Sunday – Icy but sunny and I was fortunate to have company on most of the miles and for brunch after.
I skipped my planned Sunday hike in favor of a nail appt and errands.
In the evening, I had the last of my holiday dinners out at a new Japanese restaurant with a friend. Very yummy!
- Monday – #nevermissamonday so I had to do a short one at lunch
and then a walk after work.
- Tuesday – A slow week at work so I was able to run at lunch again
followed by a walk with my BFF after work.
- Wednesday – A rest day from running cause I know I should. And a snowy one. Love looking at the snow and walking in it so that’s all I did at lunch:
The good and sometimes bad thing about FB are the memories. Today FB reminded that it was the TEN year anniversary of breaking my ankle in 2 places and having surgery.
Grateful to my surgeon, my PT and that they were wrong when they said “I may not be able to run again and definitely not long races.”
- Thursday – I decided to end the year on a high note. A sunrise run… without the sunrise
and a late lunch run.
There was a method to my madness: rain was predicted for both Saturday and Sunday (who knows when and if I will run) and I wanted to finish the year with 1,018 miles (because in 2020, I ran 1,017 miles.)
There was also Mah jongg on Thursday night so everyone could celebrate on Friday night.
- Friday – Another rest day and a work day. Besides it rained on and off.
I was very excited to go hear the comedian Sebastian Maniscalco with some friends. Due to COVID, the show got canceled. Plan B was a small dinner party with some (vaccinated, boosted) friends.
- Saturday – Race Day- first race of 2022. Luckily it did not start until noon. Cloudy but 50 degrees on Jan 1! I’ll take it.
Since I needed a long run of 11 miles, I planned to run around campus for more
painful boring miles.
- Sunday – Today’s activity is weather dependent. Hope to get out and explore some trails (I may have to get out those micro spikes). If it rains, I got plenty to do around the house.
Update: Too rainy. Cleaned, took down ALL the holiday decorations, did some errands and
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – run, walk with friends
- Wednesday – rest day, walk. hair appt.
- Thursday – run
- Friday -rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run (12m)
- Sunday – WS Series #3 (3m)
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – My Word
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? How did you celebrate New Year’ Eve? Did you run or race on New Year’s Day? Please share.