Still warm, humid, lots of thunderstorm threats… a haircut is probably the only new event.
Of course this is getting old but another of my favorite summer races has gone virtual.
I also finally got in the mail my swag from the Steel Rail Half Marathon that I chose to run virtually in May:
Last Week –
- Monday – Another scorcher. I wanted to get in a pre-work run to avoid the heat and test my new shoes.
Even warmer at lunch but luckily I did not have much time to sweat on my walk.
After work as usual, I went out in search of exercise and shade. I picked two very nearby preserves that were wooded and went along the creek at some point. It was wonderful!!
Then I met my BFF for an outdoor mall walk and talk. She broke her toe so this week it was a sit and chat.
- Tuesday – I decided to squeeze in an early morning walk in the ‘hood
and then a run at lunch since I had plans every day after work.
After work, I had my 2nd pandemic haircut (makes me feel kinda normal). Next week I hope to have my 2nd manicure!!
And I then I explored a preserve that wasn’t too far away followed by a walk on the bike path.
- Wednesday – I wouldn’t normally run again but rain was predicted for later in the day and for tomorrow.
I woke up to rain but it stopped by the time I was ready to run.
I decided for a change to drive to the park at lunch and walk on the trails there.
Fingers crossed that the storms would hold off so we could get in our weekly trail walk. Unfortunately I was the only one able to do the trails. And the rain did hold off (though it was so humid, the rain would have felt nice.)
- Thursday – It was supposed to rain on and off today. It rained during the night but had stopped by morning. So I started the day with my usual neighborhood walk in search of new flowers to photograph.
and then one more during lunch. Hooray for rest days and no pressure to run between the raindrops.
In the evening, my monthly tennis dinner was scheduled. This was the first time, we were not doing take out and sitting 6 feet apart in a park. The threat of thunderstorms postponed this until next Thursday.
Of course, the storm never really arrived so after dinner, I decided to go on another trail walk at Normanskill Farm.
You can see from the photo above that I stopped for dessert before heading home. As I was enjoying my ice cream cone, I realized that across the street, there was an awesome sunset.
- Friday – Another rest day as always due to my long run being the next day. I didn’t have much time today for walks but I did squeeze in two short ones in the neighborhood.
One in the morning
and then one at lunch time
I did a repeat walk from Thursday but explored farther on the path. However, no ice cream or perfect sunset tonight.
- Saturday – LONG RUN DAY. Today we were back on the rail trail so that we could meet for brunch after at Emma Cleary’s (It’s all about food lol).
Like previous weeks, it was HOT and HUMID so I arrived earlier to get in a few solo miles. Then everyone else arrived at various times. I again took advantage of Deidre’s offer to run 10 miles with me. She runs intervals which is fine with me. It’s all about distance in the summer time. I ran 2 miles before she and Jen arrived and then she wasn’t feeling well so we only ran 9. 11 miles was enough to deserve Emma’s strawberry stuffed French toast with potatoes and bacon (and chocolate mile of course).
- Sunday – Boating. For the first time this summer we had company (my hubby’s friend, his girlfriend, his daughter & daughter’s friend) on our boat.
The weather was perfect and it was fun hanging out with other people for a change.
Another first was that I slept overnight on our boat. I haven’t done it in awhile but I had Monday off from work. My hiking plans got cancelled so I decided why not run and hike here for a change of scenery.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – DAY OFF – run, hike
- Tuesday – rest day
- Wednesday – run, trail walk
- Thursday – run, dinner with tennis friends
- Friday – rest day
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, boating
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Are things opening up where you live? Are things getting more normal for you? Please share.