Recovering from the half marathon with a Thanksgiving 10k, followed by a huge dinner with the family.
No Black Friday shopping as I had to work.
Winter arrived here on the weekend. 😦
- Sunday – Upstate Classic Half Marathon. The 2nd time for this race and the 3rd time running this hilly course in Altamont, NY. As usual, 13.1 miles of hills were a challenge but a fun event.
- Monday – #nevremissamonday again was a recovery day. Happy to report that the legs felt fine. I took a walk at lunch and then volunteered after work.
I have had a string of good luck lately: found $20 during a run, won 4x at Mah jongg, and….
- Tuesday – I was able to squeeze in a chilly lunch run so I could meet friends for an after work walk.
- Wednesday – Another rest day in preparation for the 10k the next day.
- Thursday – Race Day! Troy Turkey Trot 10k (and only one race today this year!). Always feels great to run on Thanksgiving Day and then eat back all the calories you burned off and more.
Obviously I was not the only blogger to be trotting:
- Friday – Back to work. No shopping for me! A nasty cold rainy weather day so just mah jongg in the evening.
- Saturday – Long Run Day! Glad to return to Saturday runs with the gang. But the weather decided not to cooperate.
Most of my friends decided either to wait until tomorrow or run on the treadmill. I decided to go out on my own and run on the rail trail.
Nope! Way too icy. Plan C: run a few loops of the UAlbany campus.
I was able to run around most of the icy spots but the wind was unbearable. Luckily my friend Heidi came to the rescue and got me through he 2nd loop (and the pond loop) before we headed to Starbucks so I could thaw out my face and hands!!
- Sunday – Hiking Sunday lately has become Racing Sunday. I was excited to not have a race or run to do and to head out for a hike.
I got a late start as it was snowing and I was tracking my friend who was running her first marathon (in Florida.)
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run at lunch, volunteering after work, walk with BFF
- Tuesday – run after work with a friend
- Wednesday – rest day, hair appt.
- Thursday – run at lunch, walk after work with friends
- Friday -rest day, dinner with a friend
- Saturday – Long Run
- Sunday – rest day, hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Troy Turkey Trot 10k Race Recap
- Friday – Ultimate Coffee Date
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Did you run a Turkey Trot? Any Black Friday purchases? Please share.