Last week, I complained that although it looked like Fall, it felt like summer.
This week, thanks to weekend rain, the temps cooled down. That didn’t make me happy but I am savoring the last minutes of afternoon daylight. And I did get some fall hiking in.
Though, I’m in the meddle of training for a half marathon, I participated in a 5k (for charity reasons). Always feels good when you give back.
- Monday – No time to run but after work, it’s still light enough and I decided on UAlbany (post rain shower). I did not realize how cold and windy it had gotten.
And then after dinner, I met my BFF for a walk around the mall.
- Tuesday – My 3rd meeting with the TTTC group was scheduled for tonight. I am debating about leaving the group. It involves waiting until 6 pm to run and running around a college campus and/or track in the dark. And not much coaching (which used to be the highlight for me) and fewer and different participants each week.
So instead I ran during lunch
and then was able to meet friends to walk after work.
- Wednesday – Rest Day! I did take a walk at lunch but then met my tennis friends to visit a local museum and then out to dinner (at a restaurant on the Mohawk river). Always a fun time getting together with these ladies.
- Thursday – A run squeezed in at lunch (in case my friend was unavailable after work).
It was the right move since my friend was indeed unable to run so instead I went for a hike,
- Friday – Rest Day! Not much activity…just mah jongg in the evening and getting ready my #flatme.
- Saturday – Summer Smith Memorial 5k. This race used to be in May but due to COVID, it got changed to today. Poor timing since I had a 10 mile long run planned for the day. As soon as I arrived, I didn’t regret my choice to run it one bit.
I had the choice of running 7 more miles after the race or joining others for brunch.
Yup, I chose brunch with my running friends and then did some errands.
- Sunday – Plans are made to be broken. I decided to only run 7 miles and on a new path…
and then go hiking after (in that area).
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run, walk with friends
- Tuesday –
TTTC group run, track workout
- Wednesday – rest day, hair appt.
- Thursday – run
- Friday -rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Long Run (11 miles)
- Sunday – rest day, hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – Summer Smith Memorial 5K Race Recap
- Friday – Runfessions
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Please share.