Leaves are falling and the colors are changing…but at times, the temps still feel like summer (70’s). That’s ok with me. I like to wear my tanks and skirts as long as possible.
Things seem to happen in spurts… But this week was packed with celebrations (Healthy eating starts next week lol).
- Monday – I had the day off from work. I wanted to go hiking but it was the last day of boating season so my hubby took the day off from work too. We got to the marina early so I could go for a run.
Rather than bringing lunch to eat on the lake (as we usually do), we decided to eat at a restaurant on the lake.
We got very lucky. The weather was picture perfect. Though this summer, we did not spend spend as much time on the boat as usual, it is always sad to put it away for the season.
- Tuesday – Back to work. A lunch walk in the park…
and the 2nd in-person session of the TTTC group run. Again I ran with the advanced group which included different runners than last week.
- Wednesday – Rest day and a quick walk during lunch at a nearby nature preserve…
And then after work, we went to my stepson’s for dinner.
- Thursday – Squeezed in a lunch run on the rail trail so I could again walk after work with friends.
- Friday – Another rest day. A college friend (who lives in NJ) was passing through on her way home from a biking trip. I was able to get together with her and a local college friend. I thought we’d hike in the afternoon (I got out of work early) but they arrived later than planned so I did a short one on my own …
then a longer one
before we eventually met for a walk in a park.
It was also my stepson’s birthday so we went out to dinner with the fam.
- Saturday – Long Run time. This week we chose the rail trail. I started early and then ran 8 miles with others (followed by brunch, of course.)
In the evening, it was dress up time as I went out to celebrate a friend’s birthday.
- Sunday – Hiking has returned. I had plans to hike with a running friend. And we visited three different trails between the rain showers.
We met two running friends for lunch after the first trail.
This Coming Week on the Run–
- Monday – run. walk with BFF
- Tuesday – TTTC group run
- Wednesday – rest day, museum/dinner with tennis friends
- Thursday – run, walk with friends
- Friday -rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – Summer Smith Memorial 5k (+ 7 more miles)
- Sunday – long run (if miles not added on Sat) or hiking
This Coming Week on the Blog –
- Tuesday – National Savings Day
- Friday – Running Without Training
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any in-person races planned? Please share.