So a warm up here means that it hit 40 degrees. LOL
Tuesday was my “immune birthday” (14 days past my 2nd vaccine). And Friday, my 10 day quarantine ended!!
Winter continues as the ground hog promised. However, I still managed to get in daily walks and all my runs OUTSIDE!!
- Monday – A very windy grey day. With possible snow and sleet predicted later today and Tuesday, I debated running during lunch but with 25mph winds and blowing snow, NOPE. The bike it was.
I planned to go out for a walk after work but it was still windy and snowing even harder.
- Tuesday – Still cold and grey but the wind was not as bad as Monday and it was WARMER so I was able to squeeze in a run during lunch.
Hooray! At 1:30 pm, I was 14 days post vaccine #2. Mentally, it felt so good!
- Wednesday – Another busy work day so I was only able to run after work. I drove to UAlbany for my usual boring loop. And it was over 40 degrees. Woo Hoo! Capris time!
- Thursday – I hate to run three days in a row so I was going to ride my bike instead during lunch. But the sun was out (which is rare around here) so I went for a walk at a local park (even though it was quite windy and back down to the 30s.)
- Friday – Bored with my neighborhood runs, I decided to take a drive and run elsewhere during lunch. I hit one of the neighborhood roads in town parallel to the rail trail, And it was sunny. Win. Win.
And at 10:48 am, my QUARANTINE ended!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!
- Saturday – Finally a LONG RUN with friends. Nope. Rain and snow in the forecast postponed it. Instead I was happily able to do a ZOOM bike ride with my blogger buds.
The hubby and I decided to celebrate our vaccine status with dining indoors – first in more than a year!!
- Sunday – Rescheduled LONG run. Back at The Crossings (where we will be until the snow melts). I was thrilled to be joined by friends. I ran ALL 10 miles with one person or another. I felt like I was dragging the caboose but my feet hurt less than usual so life is good.
Rain was predicted for later but I waited and there was only a quick drizzle. So off I drove for another hike and waterfalls viewing at Christmas Preserve.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run, walk
- Tuesday – rest day, bike, hair appt, Sole Sisters ZOOM
- Wednesday – run, walk with friends
- Thursday – run, walk with friends
- Friday – rest day, bike, walk
- Saturday – LONG RUN
- Sunday – rest day, bike, walk/hike
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Doing any virtual races? Any in-person races planned? Are you getting outside in spite of the winter weather blues? Please share.