Yup, we turned our clocks back.
So now I need to run or walk before work or during the day or after work at UAlbany (where there are lights) or in the mall.
Wish me luck!
Last Week –
- Monday – Well, it was light but snowing, COLD and insanely windy. Nope, not doing it this morning. I decided to wait until after work when I noticed that sunset was 4:46 pm and I only work until 4 pm.
Guess what? I got an email at 3:59 and never got out until 4:30. So off to UAlbany I went.
- Tuesday – Again, it was light but raining when I got up. No run! It did clear up for a lunch time walk. But it was still COLD (30s) and WINDY!!
Glad that I voted early as I nervously awaited the results all day. I had a hair appt (yes, I feel safe getting them & I just can’t let myself go. No judgment here.) so at least that took my mind off the election.
I even stopped at Trader Joe’s on the way home.
- Wednesday – I had to work until 7:30 pm so I started work later. That gave me the opportunity to run early and with a friend (even after a sleepless night if you know what I mean.)
We decided to meet at the Crossings (so she could go to Trader Joe’s first). It was great to have company on the run.
I still had time left before work so I drove a nearby trail – Ann Lee Pond.
And my MIL came home from the hospital (not pneumonia, not UTI, just a stomach bug!?)
- Thursday – Today I took the day off. Just because.
I started it with trail walk with a friend (before she had to go to work). We went to Five Rivers since she had never been and it was close by. We decided that we need to do this more often. It was absolutely beautiful.
After the hike I decided to drive to VT and visit another new Fire Tower – Mt Olga. It was a long drive and I hoped that it would be worth it. Once I entered VT, there was snow on the ground. D’uh. I wondered if I was crazy to try and climb a mountain in the snow. As it turned out, the trail was dry. Phew. And it was lovely. I met a family from NJ and the views were amazing.
Since I had driven all that way, I decided to stop in Wilmington on the way home. It was a cute little town (I bought some liquor since it is cheaper there) and had ice cream (of course). Before I left I discovered a trail system and took a short walk.
I raced home at this point because I had plans to meet my BFF for a walk.
So I did skip my planned run but 10 miles on my legs for the day made up for it, I think.
- Friday – My usual rest day before a long run day. The weather was soooo nice (70 degrees!!) that I had to take advantage. I did a short run on the water line at lunch.
And then after work, due to darkness, we moved our walk to circles around an outside mall.
- Saturday – Long Run Saturday. At least it was warmer than last weekend. It was my taper run. Half Marathon next Sunday!! I decided to go early at the Corning Bike Path and run 4 and then was joined for 3 more with friends. I finished out the last 3 solo and ended the run with a total of 10 miles. Afterward, we got take-out and went to one the runners’ house to eat and chat.
Afterward I had to rush back out because I had volunteered for the STEM 5k walk (this year not a race due to COVID). It was on the rail trail starting in Albany.
- Sunday – It’s Hiking Sunday. Who knows how many more nice hiking days there will be so I took another drive. This time to Taconic State Park.
Another beautiful day and one of my running friends decided to join me.
First we visited Bash Bish Falls. (They are located on the Mass-NYS border.) They were so beautiful but a very short easy hike.
After the visiting the falls, we explored a few more trails in the park…so many there. We decided that we need to return.
I was so high on nature that I walked on a local trail until it got dark.
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run
- Tuesday – run
- Wednesday – HOLIDAY – Day off – rest day, hike
- Thursday – run, work late (4:30 pm -12:30 am)
- Friday – morning off, rest day, walk with friends
- Saturday – rest day, walk
- Sunday – Upstate Classic Half Marathon!!
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Any “real” races yet? How are you embracing Fall? What has your weather been like? Are you recovering from the election stress? Please share.