It’s Friday so I’m also linking up with Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five linkup! Join in! Don’t forget to link back to your hostess and visit some other bloggers.
My Topic this week is: Looking Ahead to 2020
I’m not into goals but last January, I posted about my plans for 2019 and last week, I reflected on them.
I didn’t do so well but that did not discourage me from setting in motion some plans for the coming year.
(Warning: I wrote this post before my sore foot woes and I decided not to delete it cuz you never know…)
1. Run 1000 miles.
It’s a number that I strive to meet each year. I may or may not reach it but I should come close if I have been running consistently all year and I have not gotten injured.
2. Add another physical activity to my life besides running.
I’d prefer it to be tennis but that will probably not happen until I retire or get a different job.
So I’d like to take a yoga class now and then, go for lunchtime walks or even hit the gym.
3. Participate often in local running group runs.
This was an unexpected activity from last year. I ran in many of the ARE summer trail runs. I started late because I hesitated on joining this group. I plan go to ALL of them this year even if my friends are not going.
I also started attending some other group runs such as SOAR and Ice Cream Runs. If they are scheduled again, I plan to participate.
4. Set a PR or Course PR at any distance.
Realistically I think PRs may be out of reach as I age or my foot continues to be a problem.. But since I often run the same races, possibly I can improve at one race.
And first time races or distances do not count lol.
5. And finally…. Run a
Half Marathon 15K or Half Marathon Every Month.
Yes, you heard that right. Twelve Distance races in Twelve Months.
(Ok maybe I jinxed myself when I came up with the Half Marathon goal in November – right afterward, my foot started to hurt… so I edited the goal to include 15ks as well)
So it may not happen but it will be fun trying (virtual ones count.)
- January – Fred LeBow Half Marathion in NYC (doubtful due to foot injury) or Winter Series #4 15k
- February – ZOOMA Bermuda Half Marathon (fingers crossed for this one)
- March – NYC Half Marathon (yes, please!)
- April – Helderberg 2 Hudson Half Marathon
- May – Sacandaga or Steel Rail Half Marathon?
- June – Race to the Lakes 15k
- July – Boilermaker 15k?
- August – a virtual 15k
- September – Adirondack or Palio Half Marathon?
- October – Finger Lakes Half Marathon?
- November – Stockadeathon 15K
- December – Ted Corbitt 15K or Palm Beach Half Marathon?
Feel free to recommend some…
Happy Running! Any goals or plans for 2020? When you get injured, do you re-write your goals? Please share.