After two weeks of sleeping in my own bed, I was back on road… At least, It was to NYC, my favorite place to travel to. The last time I was there, I was nursing a sore foot and did not run at all. This time, I ran even with my sore foot.
Last Week –
- Monday – Took the train to NYC for work.
After I arrived, I went to/from Queens. I had planned on my way back to stop at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Since it closes at 5:30 pm, this was the only day that I could squeeze in a visit. But instead I decided to rest my foot and go back to my hotel to ride the bike.
Afterward I took the subway to meet Cari and we walked to Elizabeth’s who made dinner for us. Always fun to catch up with my BRFs and fellow Skirt Sports ambassadors.
- Tuesday – After work today, I quickly changed into running clothes and headed to the Hudson River to go for a run. Decided to run on the High Line. Unfortunately parts of the run felt good but on the whole, the foot (after standing on it for 8 hours) felt worse after than in previous runs. It led me to reconsider this running in pain thing.
- Wednesday – Since I am trying to rest my foot and not run everyday, instead after work, I took in a show. I thought about Jagged Little Pill but instead chose Rock of Ages. Very corny but at least the tix were not expensive.
And I also finally got my MRI diagnosis. Foot looks perfectly normal. No sign of anything wrong. Yet it hurts like hell. Plan to pursue the cortisone shot and consult a PT.
- Thursday – Today after work, I took the subway to Columbus Circle and met Cari to run in Central Park. After Tuesday, I wasn’t sure I would run and how much. But we made it through 3 miles. The pain seemed more bearable and the company great.
Afterward we did some shopping at Jack Rabbit.
- Friday – Another rest day, since I had to catch the train home after work.
- Saturday – Long run scheduled with the Sole Sisters. It was warmer than usual (in the 60s!!!) and the rain held off. I ran the first few miles with Barbara and the rest with Sherry. Afterwards, we all met for brunch…of course.
In the the afternoon, I attended my 3rd Yoga for Runners class. The topic this month was
- Sunday – 65 degrees!!! Many of my friends were running the Winter Series #3 Race. The weather and FOMO led me to join them. I mostly walked with some run intervals thrown in.
After the race, we met our other friends for a farewell brunch. (A few are heading to winter in FL.)
This Coming Week –
- Monday – run (Ualbany)
- Tuesday – rest day, hair appt.
- Wednesday – run (Delmar)
- Thursday – run (UAlbany)
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg
- Saturday – rest day, bus to NYC, blogger meetup, pizza in Brooklyn
- Sunday – Fred Lebow Half Marathon, lunch, bus home
I encourage you to do the same. Grab the graphic, drop your link on the host blogs and play along! Please be sure to always comment on the HOST’s blogs, as well as visit and comment on as many other blogs as you can.
Happy Running! How is your running going? Are you experiencing global warming where you live? Ever walk a race? Anyone suffering from undiagnosable injuries?What’s new with you? Please share.