This was planned forever ago but our girls weekend to NYC happened and it was a blast. And then next week, I’m off to Florida for a 8 day vacation with my tennis friends.
Last week –
- Monday – So today was week 6 of the Freihofer Challenge Training (FTC) group. I had planned on doing my long run on Saturday so I could tackle the “advanced” drills today. Well, the weather did not cooperate and I ran 4 on Saturday and 8 on Sunday. That meant, my legs would protest if I encouraged them to run fast. Once more, I wimped out and ran with the “Beginner” group – Better safe than sorry is my philosophy (esp. with a 15k and a half marathon coming up.)
- Tuesday – Rest day finally. I hadn’t played tennis in forever so I decided to sub in my old group. It was fun playing and catching up over dinner. I have resumed my short lunch time walks too.
- Wednesday – I had planned to run with the FTC group at 6 pm near where I live. Then, there was this fun event:
But after standing for 8 hours in uncomfortable shoes, I was too pooped to do either. Instead, I stopped off on my way home at the Corning Bike Path. The run sucked but the scenery was good.
- Thursday – One more run before the race. I decided on a quick one at UAlbany and then home to pack. A little bit more energy than the day before but not much.
- Friday – Off to my girls weekend away. After checking into our hotel in Brooklyn, we headed to the expo and then to carb load with pizza to prepare for the next morning’s race.
- Saturday – Today a group of the Sole Sisters ran the Hot Chocolate 15k in Brooklyn. Not an easy race but a fun one. We all met our goals and ate lots of chocolate.
After the race, we spent the rest of the day in Manhattan. This included a Broadway show (Avenue Q), and dinner near Times Square.
- Sunday – Another full day planned for our group. Lunch in the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, visit to the Cherry Blossom Festival there, then back to Manhattan.
We checked our luggage in Macys (for free) and then climbed to the top of the Vessel at Hudson Yards before heading home that night.
Such a fun weekend away. We are already trying to figure out what to do for our next one.