Not from working in NYC but from training for a big race. The next one is not until February 10 so I can have a few weeks of short weekend runs.
- Monday – Only two days after my hilly half. My legs felt ok so I planned to take them on an easy run through the lights in the park. But it was raining hard. Obviously someone was telling me to rest one more day. Instead I met a friend for a drink.
- Tuesday –Today it snowed. Not a lot but just enough to wreck havoc on the drive to work. Luckily it stopped by the time I got out of work. I never turn down a chance to run with my “Sole Sisters” so I met two of them to a run around the UAlbany campus. Of course as soon as we started to run, it started to rain. (At least just a steady drizzle.) Afterward I met my BFF for a walk around the mall.
- Wednesday – Off to NYC (again) by train. I got there earlier than usual and of course I had to go for a run. I took the crosstown bus and took a chance that the East River route would be lit up. (It was the night that they lit the tree at Rockefeller Center so I wanted to steer clear of that area.) It was and there were other runners too. Afterward I ran/walked back to my hotel and watched the tree lighting on the TV at the bar.
- Thursday – Back after work to my trusted Central Park running route. I surprisingly ran into Cari and we ran for a while and then walked and chatted.
I continued my walk back to my hotel so I could see the lighted tree at Rockefeller Center.
- Friday – Rest day and an uneventful train ride home.
- Saturday – I was up in the air on whether or not to run a local 5k or an easy run with friends. I decided on the run followed by brunch and errands.
- Sunday – A rainy rest day and anniversary dinner out with my Mah Jongg friends. We’ve been together for 10 years!!
This Coming Week –
- Monday -jury duty, 3 miles
- Tuesday – rest day, tennis sub
- Wednesday – 3 miles
- Thursday –3 miles
- Friday – rest day, mah jongg chez moi
- Saturday – Race Night – Last Run (5k), Sole Sisters party after
- Sunday – Race Day – Winter Series #1 (3m), Tennis Holiday Party
Happy Running! How is your running going? What’s new with you? Any big races on the horizon? Do you have an off season? Please share.